Please help me.

Thanks
Jewel
Re: Can varnish listen 80 and 443 port at the same time [ In reply to ]
On Feb 14, 2012, at 10:23 PM, "Jewel Nuruddin" <jewel.nuruddin@eastbeam.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi
> Is it possible to run varnish 80 and 443 port at the same time?
> If yes then how?
> My site is running both http:// and https://
> Please help me.
>
> Thanks
> Jewel
> <ATT00001.c>

Varnish doesn't/can't do SSL traffic.

https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/phk/ssl.html
Re: Can varnish listen 80 and 443 port at the same time [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Unfortunately varnish does not support HTTPS and it is not on the roadmap.

I would recommend you to use Pound.

Good luck,
-H

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Jewel Nuruddin <
jewel.nuruddin@eastbeam.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi
> Is it possible to run varnish 80 and 443 port at the same time?
> If yes then how?
> My site is running both http:// and https://
> Please help me.
>
> Thanks
> Jewel

Hugues ALARY
Re: Can varnish listen 80 and 443 port at the same time [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Jewel Nuruddin
<jewel.nuruddin@eastbeam.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi
> Is it possible to run varnish 80 and 443 port at the same time?
> If yes then how?
> My site is running both http:// and https://
> Please help me.
>
> Thanks
> Jewel

Although Varnish doesn't do SSL, you could put a minimal httpd in
front of it to handle HTTPS connections. I use nginx and
HttpProxyModule for this.

Thanks,
Michael

RE: Can varnish listen 80 and 443 port at the same time [ In reply to ]
> Unfortunately varnish does not support HTTPS and it is not on the
roadmap.
> I would recommend you to use Pound.

I have good experience with Nginx as SSL offloader as well. Let it be a
proxy to your Varnish on port 80 so it only does the SSL encryption and
you still have your caching backend.

Mattias