I recently installed trac via pip (first, 'pip install Babel --user', then
'pip install trac --user'). The installation contains 35 localizations in
trac/locale/, but German is missing. Does anyone have an idea of the root
cause and how to add the German locale?

I also uninstalled trac and babel and reinstalled both (always babel first,
then trac) without any changes.

Kind regards,
Michael

Re: German locale missing in trac pip installation [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 8:08:16 AM UTC-8, Michael Fritzsch wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently installed trac via pip (first, 'pip install Babel --user', then
> 'pip install trac --user'). The installation contains 35 localizations in
> trac/locale/, but German is missing. Does anyone have an idea of the root
> cause and how to add the German locale?
>
> I also uninstalled trac and babel and reinstalled both (always babel
> first, then trac) without any changes.
>
> Kind regards,
> Michael

Confirmed. When I recreate the wheel or tar.gz archive the DE locale is
included, so I'm not sure what happened in the 1.2.3 release.

I've made a note to check that the DE locale is included in the 1.2.4
release. I hope to get that done either this weekend or the following.
https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/13059#comment:4

Thank you for reporting.

- Ryan

Re: Re: German locale missing in trac pip installation [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 8:32 AM RjOllos <rjollos@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 8:08:16 AM UTC-8, Michael Fritzsch wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I recently installed trac via pip (first, 'pip install Babel --user', then 'pip install trac --user'). The installation contains 35 localizations in trac/locale/, but German is missing. Does anyone have an idea of the root cause and how to add the German locale?
>>
>> I also uninstalled trac and babel and reinstalled both (always babel first, then trac) without any changes.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Michael
>

> Confirmed. When I recreate the wheel or tar.gz archive the DE locale is included, so I'm not sure what happened in the 1.2.3 release.
>
> I've made a note to check that the DE locale is included in the 1.2.4 release. I hope to get that done either this weekend or the following.
> https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/13059#comment:4
>
> Thank you for reporting.

All of DE message catalogs are marked as fuzzy. Fuzzy messages should
be resolved/removed to include compile catalogs.

$ git checkout trac-1.2.3
$ make compile-de
python setup.py compile_catalog -l de compile_catalog_js -l de
compile_catalog_tracini -l de \
generate_messages_js -l de
running compile_catalog
catalog trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po is marked as fuzzy, skipping
running compile_catalog_js
catalog trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages-js.po is marked as fuzzy, skipping
running compile_catalog_tracini
catalog trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/tracini.po is marked as fuzzy, skipping
running generate_messages_js
generating messages javascript
'trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages-js.mo' to
'trac/htdocs/js/messages/de.js'

However, stats-* task cannot detect fuzzy messages in messages-js.po
and tracini.po catalogs.

$ make stats-de
trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po: 1406 translated messages, 12
fuzzy translations, 14 untranslated messages.
trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages-js.po: 54 translated messages.
trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/tracini.po: 61 translated messages, 136
untranslated messages.

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Re: German locale missing in trac pip installation [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 9:42:49 AM UTC-5, Jun Omae wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 8:32 AM RjOllos <rjollos@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 8:08:16 AM UTC-8, Michael Fritzsch
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I recently installed trac via pip (first, 'pip install Babel --user',
> then 'pip install trac --user'). The installation contains 35 localizations
> in trac/locale/, but German is missing. Does anyone have an idea of the
> root cause and how to add the German locale?
> >>
> >> I also uninstalled trac and babel and reinstalled both (always babel
> first, then trac) without any changes.
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Michael
> >

> > Confirmed. When I recreate the wheel or tar.gz archive the DE locale is
> included, so I'm not sure what happened in the 1.2.3 release.
> >
> > I've made a note to check that the DE locale is included in the 1.2.4
> release. I hope to get that done either this weekend or the following.
> > https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/13059#comment:4
> >
> > Thank you for reporting.
>
> All of DE message catalogs are marked as fuzzy. Fuzzy messages should
> be resolved/removed to include compile catalogs.
>
> $ git checkout trac-1.2.3
> $ make compile-de
> python setup.py compile_catalog -l de compile_catalog_js -l de
> compile_catalog_tracini -l de \
> generate_messages_js -l de
> running compile_catalog
> catalog trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po is marked as fuzzy,
> skipping
> running compile_catalog_js
> catalog trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages-js.po is marked as fuzzy,
> skipping
> running compile_catalog_tracini
> catalog trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/tracini.po is marked as fuzzy, skipping
> running generate_messages_js
> generating messages javascript
> 'trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages-js.mo' to
> 'trac/htdocs/js/messages/de.js'
>
> However, stats-* task cannot detect fuzzy messages in messages-js.po
> and tracini.po catalogs.
>
> $ make stats-de
> trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po: 1406 translated messages, 12
> fuzzy translations, 14 untranslated messages.
> trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages-js.po: 54 translated messages.
> trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/tracini.po: 61 translated messages, 136
> untranslated messages.

The fuzzy markers were introduced when I pulled the latest catalogs from
Transifex in r16152.
https://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/16152

What do the "fuzzy" markers at the top of the file mean? I understand why a
string would be marked fuzzy, but unsure about the fuzzy marker at the top
of the file.

I pulled the latest changes from Transifex again and the only fuzzy marker
in each file was at the very top of the file. Prior to pull the latest
changes from Transifex there were 11 other fuzzy markers in the messages.po.

Would I be making the situation any worse by just removing the fuzzy
markers at the top of the file, as in these changes?:

https://trac.edgewall.org/log/rjollos.git/?rev=e85f3ff4a938b3835190d1fe6f05765a85c3665d

- Ryan

Re: Re: German locale missing in trac pip installation [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 2:17:48 PM UTC-8, RjOllos wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 9:42:49 AM UTC-5, Jun Omae wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 8:32 AM RjOllos <rjollos@gmail.com> wrote:

>> then 'pip install trac --user'). The installation contains 35 localizations
>> in trac/locale/, but German is missing. Does anyone have an idea of the
>> root cause and how to add the German locale?

>> first, then trac) without any changes.

>> > Confirmed. When I recreate the wheel or tar.gz archive the DE locale is
>> included, so I'm not sure what happened in the 1.2.3 release.
>> >
>> > I've made a note to check that the DE locale is included in the 1.2.4
>> release. I hope to get that done either this weekend or the following.
>> > https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/13059#comment:4
>> >
>> > Thank you for reporting.
>>
>> All of DE message catalogs are marked as fuzzy. Fuzzy messages should
>> be resolved/removed to include compile catalogs.
>>
>> $ git checkout trac-1.2.3
>> $ make compile-de
>> python setup.py compile_catalog -l de compile_catalog_js -l de
>> compile_catalog_tracini -l de \
>> generate_messages_js -l de
>> running compile_catalog
>> catalog trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po is marked as fuzzy,
>> skipping
>> running compile_catalog_js
>> catalog trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages-js.po is marked as fuzzy,
>> skipping
>> running compile_catalog_tracini
>> catalog trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/tracini.po is marked as fuzzy,
>> skipping
>> running generate_messages_js
>> generating messages javascript
>> 'trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages-js.mo' to
>> 'trac/htdocs/js/messages/de.js'
>>
>> However, stats-* task cannot detect fuzzy messages in messages-js.po
>> and tracini.po catalogs.
>>
>> $ make stats-de
>> trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po: 1406 translated messages, 12
>> fuzzy translations, 14 untranslated messages.
>> trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/messages-js.po: 54 translated messages.
>> trac/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/tracini.po: 61 translated messages, 136
>> untranslated messages.
>>

> The fuzzy markers were introduced when I pulled the latest catalogs from
> Transifex in r16152.
> https://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/16152
>
> What do the "fuzzy" markers at the top of the file mean? I understand why
> a string would be marked fuzzy, but unsure about the fuzzy marker at the
> top of the file.
>
> I pulled the latest changes from Transifex again and the only fuzzy marker
> in each file was at the very top of the file. Prior to pull the latest
> changes from Transifex there were 11 other fuzzy markers in the messages.po.
>
> Would I be making the situation any worse by just removing the fuzzy
> markers at the top of the file, as in these changes?:
>

> https://trac.edgewall.org/log/rjollos.git/?rev=e85f3ff4a938b3835190d1fe6f05765a85c3665d
>
> - Ryan

I pulled the latest DE catalogs from Transifex for the release:
https://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/16959

Could someone please test the changes?

If you make changes on Transifex, please let me know and I can pull changes
again. I'd like to get all the catalogs pulled, but I need translators to
review and be sure I'm doing it correctly.

Thanks,
- Ryan