Mailing List Archive

error - aba admin
Permissao try to give the user admin:

andes:~# trac-admin projects/trac/dengue/ permission add muzettiigor
TRAC_ADMIN

that is returned:

Failed to open environment. [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/root/projects/trac/dengue/VERSION'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/admin/console.py", line 162,
in env_open
self.__env = Environment(self.envname)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/env.py", line 190, in __init__
self.verify()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/env.py", line 249, in verify
fd = open(os.path.join(self.path, 'VERSION'), 'r')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/root/projects/trac/dengue/VERSION'

what is this bug?

thank's!

Re: error - aba admin [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Igor Muzetti <igormuzetti@gmail.com> wrote:
> Permissao try to give the user admin:
>
> andes:~# trac-admin projects/trac/dengue/ permission add muzettiigor
> TRAC_ADMIN
>
> that is returned:
>
> Failed to open environment. [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/root/projects/trac/dengue/VERSION'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/admin/console.py", line 162,
> in env_open
>     self.__env = Environment(self.envname)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/env.py", line 190, in __init__
>     self.verify()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/env.py", line 249, in verify
>     fd = open(os.path.join(self.path, 'VERSION'), 'r')
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/root/projects/trac/dengue/VERSION'
>
> what is this bug?
>
> thank's!

I can't seem to replicate this. I am using Trac stable (0.12) and python 2.6.5.

With out trying to possible break your production version of Trac, I
say we install a virtual environment (test/develop environment):

mkdir -p ~/dev/projects/trac/dengue
cd ~/dev/projects
curl -O http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/v/virtualenv/virtualenv-1.6.4.tar.gz#md5=1072b66d53c24e019a8f1304ac9d9fc5
tar -xf virtualenv-1.6.4.tar.gz#md5=1072b66d53c24e019a8f1304ac9d9fc5 -C .
cd virtualenv-1.6.4
python virtualenv.py ~/dev
. ~/dev/bin/activate
easy_install Trac
trac-admin ~/dev/projects/trac/dengue/ initenv

And then try to add a user to TRAC_ADMIN at that test Trac
environment. I prefer using virtual environments for this purpose. No
need for root access to test stuff. If the above fails here, then
indeed... bug somewhere. Oh BTW, if and when you ever need to use
install additional python modules to test (Bitten etc), always do a:

. ~/dev/bin/activate

That simply sources the necessary environment to allow us to install
our own python modules to our dev directory (with out prefix switches
and the like), and not to the systems python path (simply: were
avoiding needing root access)

Hope this helps!
Jason

> andes:~# trac-admin projects/trac/dengue/ permission add
> muzettiigor TRAC_ADMIN
>
> that is returned:
>
> Failed to open environment. [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory: '/root/projects/trac/dengue/VERSION'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/admin/console.py",
> line 162, in env_open
> self.__env = Environment(self.envname)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/env.py", line
> 190, in __init__
> self.verify()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/trac/env.py", line
> 249, in verify
> fd = open(os.path.join(self.path, 'VERSION'), 'r')
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/root/projects/trac/dengue/VERSION'
>
> what is this bug?
>
> thank's!

...does the user `andes` have read/write access to the trac folders? Did you (or the admin) restrict access to those folders to e.g. the www daemon user?

~ mark c

Re: error - aba admin [ In reply to ]
Andes is the name of the machine.

2011/11/21 Cooke, Mark <mark.cooke@siemens.com>

> [...]

Oops, showing my *nix-noob-ness there. However, it could still be a permissions issue? Does the user (you?) running `trac-admin` have read/write access to (all of) the environment folder(s)? Can you browse to and `cat` the VERSION file specified (`/root/projects/trac/dengue/VERSION`)?

Otherwise it sounds like Jason knows much more about your platform than I do...

~ mark c

Re: error - aba admin [ In reply to ]
I did a resync first after she returned to the command for permission to
organize the full path of the repository, since I was doing this command via
ssh. Thank you all for your help.