Mailing List Archive

-Suggestion. Develop a List of examples of SpamAssassin Headers...
-Suggestion

a) Develop a List for curious new/novice end endusers of examples of
SpamAssassin Headers b) with examples of Data that can appear in the
SpamAssassin Headers. Avoid as much as possible unexplained jargon
familiar to experts of SpamAssassin.

Or encourage folks at local configurations to develop a List !

"Bill Cole" <sausers-20150205@billmail.scconsult.com> writes:
> On 30 Jan 2019, at 20:33, Don Saklad wrote:
>> Thank you Martin Gregorie!
>>
>> Looking for the closest thing to a list for new/novice users of
>> all SpamAssassin headers that can appear with descriptions for
>> understanding the data that can appear at each SpamAssassin
>> header.

> This is not really possible.
>
> Run 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'

How is it run?...

Re: -Suggestion. Develop a List of examples of SpamAssassin Headers... [ In reply to ]
$ perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
No documentation found for "Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf".

writes:
This is not really possible.

Run 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'

Am 31.01.19 um 21:34 schrieb Don Saklad:
How is it run?...

Re: -Suggestion. Develop a List of examples of SpamAssassin Headers... [ In reply to ]
On 1/31/2019 3:03 PM, Don Saklad wrote:
> $ perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
> No documentation found for "Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf".
>

> "Bill Cole" <sausers-20150205@billmail.scconsult.com>
> writes:
> This is not really possible.
>
> Run 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'
>
> Am 31.01.19 um 21:34 schrieb Don Saklad:
> How is it run?...
>
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> writes:
> > by just type it in a terminal?
>
> $ perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
> No documentation found for "Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf".

Apparently the docs aren't installed on your system.  Perhaps
there's a separate spamassassin-docs package that needs to be installed.

There's a copy on the web if that's more convenient for you.  This
is the first hit if you google mail::spamassassin::conf

https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
Re: -Suggestion. Develop a List of examples of SpamAssassin Headers... [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019, Noel wrote:

> On 1/31/2019 3:03 PM, Don Saklad wrote:
>> $ perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
>> No documentation found for "Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf".
>>

>> "Bill Cole" <sausers-20150205@billmail.scconsult.com>
>> writes:
>> This is not really possible.
>>
>> Run 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'
>>
>> Am 31.01.19 um 21:34 schrieb Don Saklad:
>> How is it run?...
>>
>> Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> writes:
>> > by just type it in a terminal?
>>
>> $ perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
>> No documentation found for "Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf".
>

> Apparently the docs aren't installed on your system.  Perhaps
> there's a separate spamassassin-docs package that needs to be installed.
>
> There's a copy on the web if that's more convenient for you.  This
> is the first hit if you google mail::spamassassin::conf
>
> https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

SA 3.1.x is over a decade old.

Don't mess with obsolete versions, go with the current kit:
https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.4.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

(Unless for some strange reason you -are- running an obsolete version, then go
to: https://spamassassin.apache.org/full and drill down to the docs that match
the version you are running.)

--
Dave Funk University of Iowa
<dbfunk (at) engineering.uiowa.edu> College of Engineering
Re: -Suggestion. Develop a List of examples of SpamAssassin Headers... [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 15:13:47 -0600
Noel wrote:

> On 1/31/2019 3:03 PM, Don Saklad wrote:

> > $ perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
> > No documentation found for "Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf".
>

> Apparently the docs aren't installed on your system.  Perhaps
> there's a separate spamassassin-docs package that needs to be
> installed.

man pages for perl modules require separate files to be installed, but
perldoc *should* find that Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" is implemented
in .../Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm and extract the documentation from
there.