--
rickygm

http://gnuforever.homelinux.com
Re: problem with perl Net Patricia [ In reply to ]
On 27 Jan 2019, at 14:28, Rick Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi list , I am using spamassassin 3.4.2 with centos 6.10, and when
> restart spamassassin it shows me the following message:
>
> Starting spamd: Use of uninitialized value $ 3 in concatenation (.) Or
> string at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/Net/Patricia.pm line 34.
>
> some idea that may be causing that message?

That looks like a broken version of Net::Patricia. Line 34 of v1.15
(March 2009) had a bug
(https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=48234) fixed in v1.15_01
(July 2009).

Note that this is NOT a SpamAssassin bug or functionality requirement,
it is intrinsic in that version of Net::Patricia: it tries to parse its
own version from a string generated at build time in a manner that does
not work with the string its build process generated.
Re: problem with perl Net Patricia [ In reply to ]
El dom., 27 ene. 2019 a las 16:45, Bill Cole
(<sausers-20150205@billmail.scconsult.com>) escribió:

> That looks like a broken version of Net::Patricia. Line 34 of v1.15
> (March 2009) had a bug
> (https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=48234) fixed in v1.15_01
> (July 2009).
>
> Note that this is NOT a SpamAssassin bug or functionality requirement,
> it is intrinsic in that version of Net::Patricia: it tries to parse its
> own version from a string generated at build time in a manner that does
> not work with the string its build process generated.

OK, understood.