Mailing List Archive

mail with HUNDREDS of links not being checked
Hi Folks - i've tried to post this several times with no success.

1) my cf file is set to add X-Spam headers to all.
2) it is clearly doing this for most email
3) is is NOT doing this for the following:

email with a hidden DIV containing HUNDREDS of links in succession.

i'm assuming SA is timing out checking so many links, and giving up!
there are NO X-Spam headers at all in the mails

on my desktop, Bitdefender takes upto 45 seconds to scan each email, which
makes me think SA is timing out?

I can provide headers and content if needed.

Thanks
Andy

--
Sent from: http://spamassassin.1065346.n5.nabble.com/SpamAssassin-Users-f3.html
Re: mail with HUNDREDS of links not being checked [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 27 January 2019 at 12:20:02, LegendGamesMaster wrote:

> Hi Folks - i've tried to post this several times with no success.

Have you had any indication of what the failure is (eg: any error messages,
bounces back to you), or have you simply not seen your mail appear on the
list?

> 1) my cf file is set to add X-Spam headers to all.
> 2) it is clearly doing this for most email
> 3) is is NOT doing this for the following:
>
> email with a hidden DIV containing HUNDREDS of links in succession.
>
> i'm assuming SA is timing out checking so many links, and giving up!
> there are NO X-Spam headers at all in the mails

How is SA connected in to your MTA?

Which MTA are you using?

What do you see in your mail processing log files?

> on my desktop, Bitdefender takes upto 45 seconds to scan each email, which
> makes me think SA is timing out?

Are you running SA on your desktop? Is BitDefender involved in the processing
on your MTA in any way?

> I can provide headers and content if needed.

Indeed - put an example on pastebin or similar.

Antony.

--
Why is "dylexia" so difficult to spell, and why can I never remember "aphasia"
when I want to?

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.
Re: mail with HUNDREDS of links not being checked [ In reply to ]
Thanks - i'll work through your comments.

MUCH APPRECIATED.

--
Sent from: http://spamassassin.1065346.n5.nabble.com/SpamAssassin-Users-f3.html
Re: mail with HUNDREDS of links not being checked [ In reply to ]
On 27 Jan 2019, at 04:20, LegendGamesMaster <andy@legendgames.co.uk> wrote:
> email with a hidden DIV containing HUNDREDS of links in succession.

How large are the emails. SA has a rather low threshold for the max size of messages (for good reasons).

--
'Good and bad is tricky, she [Esme] said. 'I ain't too certain about
where people stand. P'raps what matters is which way you face.’