anyone else confirm ixhash is having a problem? Anyone else using the
iXhash plugin? Their site http://www.ixhash.net/ also appears to be
down.

30-Sep-2018 12:03:24.249 query-errors: client @0x7ff3f01a43d0
68.195.193.45#44607
(230fe40b1401cf8c3fe2b8699cdb91bf.generic.ixhash.net): query failed
(SERVFAIL) for 230fe40b1401cf8c3fe2b8699cdb91bf.generic.ixhash.net/IN/A
at query.c:8580

ixhashdnsbl GENERIC_IXHASH generic.ixhash.net.
body GENERIC_IXHASH eval:check_ixhash('GENERIC_IXHASH')
tflags GENERIC_IXHASH net
score GENERIC_IXHASH 1.5

ixhashdnsbl NIXSPAM_IXHASH ix.dnsbl.manitu.net.
body NIXSPAM_IXHASH eval:check_ixhash('NIXSPAM_IXHASH')
tflags NIXSPAM_IXHASH net
score NIXSPAM_IXHASH 1.5
Re: iXhash service issues [ In reply to ]
Il 30/09/2018 18:06, Alex ha scritto:
> Hi all, I'm pretty sure this is a problem on their side, but can
> anyone else confirm ixhash is having a problem? Anyone else using the
> iXhash plugin? Their site http://www.ixhash.net/ also appears to be
> down.
>
> 30-Sep-2018 12:03:24.249 query-errors: client @0x7ff3f01a43d0
> 68.195.193.45#44607
> (230fe40b1401cf8c3fe2b8699cdb91bf.generic.ixhash.net): query failed
> (SERVFAIL) for 230fe40b1401cf8c3fe2b8699cdb91bf.generic.ixhash.net/IN/A
> at query.c:8580
>
> ixhashdnsbl GENERIC_IXHASH generic.ixhash.net.
> body GENERIC_IXHASH eval:check_ixhash('GENERIC_IXHASH')
> tflags GENERIC_IXHASH net
> score GENERIC_IXHASH 1.5
>
> ixhashdnsbl NIXSPAM_IXHASH ix.dnsbl.manitu.net.
> body NIXSPAM_IXHASH eval:check_ixhash('NIXSPAM_IXHASH')
> tflags NIXSPAM_IXHASH net
> score NIXSPAM_IXHASH 1.5
Hello,

we have the same issue and we disabled ixhash.net query.

--
Alessio Cecchi
Postmaster @ http://www.qboxmail.it
Re: iXhash service issues [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On 2018-09-30 18:06, Alex wrote:
> 30-Sep-2018 12:03:24.249 query-errors: client @0x7ff3f01a43d0
> 68.195.193.45#44607
> (230fe40b1401cf8c3fe2b8699cdb91bf.generic.ixhash.net): query failed
> (SERVFAIL) for 230fe40b1401cf8c3fe2b8699cdb91bf.generic.ixhash.net/IN/A
> at query.c:8580

According to a posting in the German ixHash forum, generic.ixhash.net
was deprecated since end of 2014 (it still answered, but was not updated
any more), so maybe it went completely offline now.

[2] also lists hosteurope.ixhash.net and ixhash.spameatingmonkey.net. as
being shut down, which leaves ix.dnsbl.manitu.net as the only remaining
ixhash source (I know of). It is operated by the German hosting company
manitu, which is not a big player, but reputable, known as reliable and
exists for more than 20 years, and they have partners[3] to run it (no,
I'm not affiliated with them in any way).
The whole ixhash stuff looks a little abandoned, but the stats in [4]
still look kind of okay, so I'll keep using it for now.

Regards,
Jakob

[1]
https://www.heise.de/forum/iX/Kommentare/Gemeinsam-stark/iXhash-Blacklist-geht-ausser-Betrieb/posting-2215803/show/
[2] https://www.intra2net.com/en/support/antispam/latest-news.php.html
[3] http://www.dnsbl.manitu.net/partners.php?language=en
[4]
https://www.intra2net.com/de/support/antispam/blacklist.php_dnsbl=hash_ix.html
Re: iXhash service issues [ In reply to ]
Soweit ich das richtig verstanden habe, ist

http://www.dnsbl.manitu.net/

der „inhaltliche Nachfolger“ dieser Liste oder ?

Gruß

Sebastian