"A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."
-Grace Murray Hopper
http://www.ChaosReigns.com
Re: World IPv6 Launch, June 6th 2012 [ In reply to ]
On 2/29/2012 5:01 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> http://www.worldipv6launch.org/
>
> I guess it's basically like IPv6 day was last year, except this time
> they're leaving it on.
>
> Would be nice to get the IPv6 stuff done by then.

Technically, it's 99% there except for testing thanks to the code
changes that were made to sa-update and the IPv6 mirror. However, there
is zero expectation that the ASF infrastructure will be IPv6 in time on
my part.

Focus on other things but we could use some IPv6 only systems testing
trunk to see if they can get updates, etc.

Regards,
KAM
Re: World IPv6 Launch, June 6th 2012 [ In reply to ]
--On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:14 PM -0500 "Kevin A. McGrail"
<KMcGrail@PCCC.com> wrote:

> On 2/29/2012 5:01 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>> http://www.worldipv6launch.org/
>>
>> I guess it's basically like IPv6 day was last year, except this time
>> they're leaving it on.
>>
>> Would be nice to get the IPv6 stuff done by then.
>>
> Technically, it's 99% there except for testing thanks to the code changes
> that were made to sa-update and the IPv6 mirror. However, there is zero
> expectation that the ASF infrastructure will be IPv6 in time on my part.
>
> Focus on other things but we could use some IPv6 only systems testing
> trunk to see if they can get updates, etc.

We have IPv6 testing happening internally here @ Zimbra. SA is the only
thing currently holding us back from being able to do full IPv6. Which is
why I keep asking when will 3.4.0 be released. ;)

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Re: World IPv6 Launch, June 6th 2012 [ In reply to ]
> We have IPv6 testing happening internally here @ Zimbra. SA is the only
> thing currently holding us back from being able to do full IPv6. Which is
> why I keep asking when will 3.4.0 be released. ;)

Quanah, I'm very glad to hear that Zimbra is getting ready for IPv6
at last. I thought the only thing lacking the IPv6 support is the Zimbra
user interface.

I'll get back into gear with SpamAssassin these days, it's been
too long I was really busy with daily duties and with amavisd getting
ready for 2.8.0 and 2.7.1.

Mark
Re: World IPv6 Launch, June 6th 2012 [ In reply to ]
--On Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:12 PM +0100 Mark Martinec
<Mark.Martinec+sa@ijs.si> wrote:

>> We have IPv6 testing happening internally here @ Zimbra. SA is the only
>> thing currently holding us back from being able to do full IPv6. Which
>> is why I keep asking when will 3.4.0 be released. ;)
>
> Quanah, I'm very glad to hear that Zimbra is getting ready for IPv6
> at last. I thought the only thing lacking the IPv6 support is the Zimbra
> user interface.

With the 8.x release, everything is set up to support IPv6 at this point,
which the exception of SA. ;)

> I'll get back into gear with SpamAssassin these days, it's been
> too long I was really busy with daily duties and with amavisd getting
> ready for 2.8.0 and 2.7.1.

Great! I'm really looking forward to the 2.8.0 release of amavis too. ;)

--Quanah