Mailing List Archive

Rule updates are too old
SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
Re: Rule updates are too old [ In reply to ]
On 1/6/2012 12:00 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
Error in your script? That's pretty recent...
Re: Rule updates are too old [ In reply to ]
On 2012-01-06 18:00, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.

that was yesterday. Is SA expected to see updates every 15 min, like an AV?
Re: Rule updates are too old [ In reply to ]
On 01/06, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 1/6/2012 12:00 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> >SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
> >SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
> >SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
> Error in your script? That's pretty recent...

On 01/06, Axb wrote:
> that was yesterday. Is SA expected to see updates every 15 min, like an AV?

I believe the script was correct. There should be a new version every day,
and the version was the same today and yesterday, at noon Eastern.

This is the first time there hasn't been a change from one day to the
next since I started running it daily last time udpates were fixed,
on 2011-12-10.

2012-01-04 3.3.2 1226707
2012-01-05 3.3.2 1227079
2012-01-06 3.3.2 1227079

Now:
$ host -t txt 2.3.3.updates.spamassassin.org
2.3.3.updates.spamassassin.org descriptive text "1227079"

--
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and
life stands explained." - Mark Twain
http://www.ChaosReigns.com
Re: Rule updates are too old [ In reply to ]
On 1/6/2012 12:20 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On 01/06, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>> On 1/6/2012 12:00 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>>> SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
>>> SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
>>> SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
>> Error in your script? That's pretty recent...
> On 01/06, Axb wrote:
>> that was yesterday. Is SA expected to see updates every 15 min, like an AV?
> I believe the script was correct. There should be a new version every day,
> and the version was the same today and yesterday, at noon Eastern.
>
> This is the first time there hasn't been a change from one day to the
> next since I started running it daily last time udpates were fixed,
> on 2011-12-10.
>
> 2012-01-04 3.3.2 1226707
> 2012-01-05 3.3.2 1227079
> 2012-01-06 3.3.2 1227079
>
> Now:
> $ host -t txt 2.3.3.updates.spamassassin.org
> 2.3.3.updates.spamassassin.org descriptive text "1227079"
>
OK, the svn signature for apache changed. Perhaps that is hanging
automated SVN tasks? Will wait until tomorrow to see if it's really stuck.
Re: Rule updates are too old [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 12:01:45 -0500, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 1/6/2012 12:00 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>> SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since
>> 2012-01-05.
>> SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since
>> 2012-01-05.
>> SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since
>> 2012-01-05.
> Error in your script? That's pretty recent...

reminds me of M J Fox, back to the future :-)
Rule updates are too old [ In reply to ]
SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
Rule updates are too old [ In reply to ]
SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
Rule updates are too old [ In reply to ]
SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
Rule updates are too old [ In reply to ]
SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-10.
SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-10.
SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-10.
Re: Rule updates are too old [ In reply to ]
On 1/11/2012 12:00 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-10.
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-10.
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-10.
I've looked at the cron output and believe this is related to my running
scripts out of order. I'm hopeful this will be fixed by the next run
through on cron. I'm not going to try and manually intervene to make sure.

regards,
KAM
Re: Rule updates are too old -- not if BAYES wasn't broken [ In reply to ]
I ran for years on Bayes when that was reliable.

At worst, after an upgrade, one might have to save the DB and restore it, but
that doesn't seem to work anymore, and since Bayes was more accurate than the
rest of the tests combined, my spam rate has gone up by about 2-3x.

re:
darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
> SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.

&

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: SA 3.3.2 buggie? -- message that DB file doesn't exist -- but systrace
shows successful lock and open!
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 06:36:11 -0800
From: Linda Walsh
To: SA-users
This is not a permission problem.

I get:
bayes: cannot open bayes databases /home/lw_spam/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie
failed:
bayes: cannot open bayes databases /home/lw_spam/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie
failed: No such file or directory
---
Except I followed it through using strace: Both are being opened and the
2nd is even successfully being LOCKED (
locker: safe_lock: trying to get lock on bayes
locker: safe_lock: link to bayes.lock: link ok
)
Both open with valid file id's then SA turns around and claims it wasn't able
to open them...
Re: Rule updates are too old -- not if BAYES wasn't broken [ In reply to ]
I wonder if your Bayes database is correupt. All the error below is
saying is that it got a lock.

Run spamassassin -t -D 2>&1 on a test mbox file and send the output.

On 1/18/2012 1:21 AM, Linda Walsh wrote:
>
> I ran for years on Bayes when that was reliable.
>
> At worst, after an upgrade, one might have to save the DB and restore
> it, but
> that doesn't seem to work anymore, and since Bayes was more accurate
> than the
> rest of the tests combined, my spam rate has gone up by about 2-3x.
>
> re:
> darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>> SpamAssassin version 3.3.0 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
>> SpamAssassin version 3.3.1 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
>> SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 has not had a rule update since 2012-01-05.
>
> &
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: SA 3.3.2 buggie? -- message that DB file doesn't exist --
> but systrace shows successful lock and open!
> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 06:36:11 -0800
> From: Linda Walsh
> To: SA-users
> This is not a permission problem.
>
> I get:
> bayes: cannot open bayes databases /home/lw_spam/.spamassassin/bayes_*
> R/O: tie failed:
> bayes: cannot open bayes databases /home/lw_spam/.spamassassin/bayes_*
> R/W: tie
> failed: No such file or directory
> ---
> Except I followed it through using strace: Both are being opened and the
> 2nd is even successfully being LOCKED (
> locker: safe_lock: trying to get lock on bayes
> locker: safe_lock: link to bayes.lock: link ok
> )
> Both open with valid file id's then SA turns around and claims it
> wasn't able
> to open them...


--
*Kevin A. McGrail*
President

Peregrine Computer Consultants Corporation
3927 Old Lee Highway, Suite 102-C
Fairfax, VA 22030-2422

http://www.pccc.com/

703-359-9700 x50 / 800-823-8402 (Toll-Free)
703-359-8451 (fax)
KMcGrail@PCCC.com <mailto:kmcgrail@pccc.com>