Mailing List Archive

How to determine the value of a transaction custom field in ScripCondition
Hi there,

I would like to check the value of a transaction custom field in a scrip
condition to trigger an action.

It seems, however, that I can't achieve this purpose. I found that the
custom field for a transaction is not set when IsApplicable() is called.

The transaction custom field is set in Interface/Web.pm separately after
the transaction is created.

Any alternatives are available?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

- Wang

Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

We're hiring! Come hack Perl for Best Practical: http://bestpractical.com/about/jobs.html
Re: How to determine the value of a transaction custom field in ScripCondition [ In reply to ]
Sometime around 6 months ago, I sent out mail with a patch to enable
this feature. It was way too hacky to be reasonable to include in the
core, but might be reasonable to use in your situation.

Re: How to determine the value of a transaction custom field in ScripCondition [ In reply to ]
Jesse,
Did you post your patch in rt-user list or rt-devel list?

Thanks.

Re: How to determine the value of a transaction custom field in ScripCondition [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 11:40:38AM +0800, lwang wrote:
> Jesse,
> Did you post your patch in rt-user list or rt-devel list?

I think it was rt-devel. But I found and attached the patch. Thanks to
svk ;)

Re: How to determine the value of a transaction custom field in ScripCondition [ In reply to ]
Jesse,

Thank you very much! It works!