Mailing List Archive

Searching for a tickets with a filename
Hello,

I have a problem where I need to search for tickets by attached file name.
I am doing this currently by doing a SQL search against the database.

Is there a way to do this via the API that I am missing?

Thanks
Robert

--------
Final RT training for 2012 in Atlanta, GA - October 23 & 24
http://bestpractical.com/training

We're hiring! http://bestpractical.com/jobs
Re: Searching for a tickets with a filename [ In reply to ]
On 09/13/2012 07:31 AM, Robert Blackwell wrote:
> I have a problem where I need to search for tickets by attached file name.
> I am doing this currently by doing a SQL search against the database.
>
> Is there a way to do this via the API that I am missing?

The Query Builder and hence TicketSQL support Filename:

Queue = 'rt3' and Filename LIKE '.patch' and Status != 'resolved'

for example. You use $tickets->FromSQL(...) for TicketSQL via the API.

You'll probably want to add an index against Filename if you can for
better performance, but EXPLAIN your queries to see if that's necessary
and how much it helps.

--------
Final RT training for 2012 in Atlanta, GA - October 23 & 24
http://bestpractical.com/training

We're hiring! http://bestpractical.com/jobs
Re: Searching for a tickets with a filename [ In reply to ]
This works great!

Is this a supported field in simple search?

Ex:

Filename:filename.txt

Robert
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Thomas Sibley <trs@bestpractical.com> wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 07:31 AM, Robert Blackwell wrote:
>> I have a problem where I need to search for tickets by attached file name.
>> I am doing this currently by doing a SQL search against the database.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this via the API that I am missing?
>
> The Query Builder and hence TicketSQL support Filename:
>
> Queue = 'rt3' and Filename LIKE '.patch' and Status != 'resolved'
>
> for example. You use $tickets->FromSQL(...) for TicketSQL via the API.
>
> You'll probably want to add an index against Filename if you can for
> better performance, but EXPLAIN your queries to see if that's necessary
> and how much it helps.
>
> --------
> Final RT training for 2012 in Atlanta, GA - October 23 & 24
> http://bestpractical.com/training
>
> We're hiring! http://bestpractical.com/jobs

--------
Final RT training for 2012 in Atlanta, GA - October 23 & 24
http://bestpractical.com/training

We're hiring! http://bestpractical.com/jobs
Re: Searching for a tickets with a filename [ In reply to ]
On 09/13/2012 09:53 AM, Robert Blackwell wrote:
> This works great!
>
> Is this a supported field in simple search?
>
> Ex:
>
> Filename:filename.txt

It isn't. The simple search (RT::Search::Googleish) is designed to be
cleanly extendable however, and adding support for it would be a fairly
simple overlay.


--------
Final RT training for 2012 in Atlanta, GA - October 23 & 24
http://bestpractical.com/training

We're hiring! http://bestpractical.com/jobs