Mailing List Archive

Wikitext Formatting Issues
HI,

We just started using RT in saving our company information and I was
assigned to put all of
our information into Articles. We want the articles to look decent so I
used the wikitext
box for our customfield in our articles. I found your wikia for rt, but the
RTFM part does
not give complete info of the different formats. Sure you have the basic
ones there like
bold, italics and underline but for listing items, it doesnt really work.
Ive also used the
listing options in Help:Wikitext Examples, even if there was already a
warning that "Note
that formatting rules in this full Wiki are NOT the same as the wikitext
custom field in
RTFM." but it was not applicable.
We are trying to achieve this:
1. Item 1
2. Item 2
a.sub-item a
b.sub-item b
or
1.Item 1
* sub item1
* sub-item 2
*sub item of sub item2
*sub item of sub-item2

Do you guys have a comprehensive list of applicable wikitext? If you
do, can I have a look?

Thanks,
lyka
Re: Wikitext Formatting Issues [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 01:33:49PM +0800, Lyka Delgado wrote:
> We just started using RT in saving our company information and I was assigned to put all of
> our information into Articles. We want the articles to look decent so I used the wikitext
> box for our customfield in our articles. I found your wikia for rt, but the RTFM part does
> not give complete info of the different formats. Sure you have the basic ones there like
> bold, italics and underline but for listing items, it doesnt really work. Ive also used the
> listing options in Help:Wikitext Examples, even if there was already a warning that "Note
> that formatting rules in this full Wiki are NOT the same as the wikitext custom field in
> RTFM." but it was not applicable.

RT's WikiText custom fields user Text::WikiFormat - you can read about
the module with perldoc Text::WikiFormat or by looking it up on
http://metacpan.org

-kevin