I am trying to create a query that will search resolved tickets within
the past 7 days. Anyone have any idea how to do this? Everything I try
is not giving me the results I am looking for.
Re: RT has the worst reporting system [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Michael Newland
<Michael.Newland@timco.aero> wrote:
> I am trying to create a query that will search resolved tickets within the
> past 7 days.  Anyone have any idea how to do this?  Everything I try is not
> giving me the results I am looking for.

Status = 'resolved' && Resolved > '7 days ago'

--
Best regards, Ruslan.
Re: RT has the worst reporting system [ In reply to ]
Isn't the logic there backwards? Shouldn't it be less than:
Status = 'resolved' && Resolved < '7 days ago'

We use this...I would have to look at the saved search

Re: RT has the worst reporting system [ In reply to ]
Oddly, I think Ruslan's logic was correct. We have one for 'Older than x days' and it goes like this:
LastUpdated < 'x days ago'
AND (
Status = 'new'
OR Status = 'open')
AND (
Queue = 'General'
OR Queue = 'Another Queue to Monitor')

You get the idea on the first line...

Re: RT has the worst reporting system [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 06:35:18PM +0000, Izz Abdullah wrote:
> Oddly, I think Ruslan's logic was correct. We have one for 'Older than x days' and it goes like this:
> LastUpdated < 'x days ago'
> AND (
> Status = 'new'
> OR Status = 'open')
> AND (
> Queue = 'General'
> OR Queue = 'Another Queue to Monitor')
>
> You get the idea on the first line...

The "<" should be translated as "before", not less than and ">" should be treated as
"after" and not "greater than". So the query wants all ticket with a LastUpdated date
AFTER the day, 7 days ago.

Regards,
Ken
Re: RT has the worst reporting system [ In reply to ]
Michael,

Ruslan's logic is correct.

Although I believe it could be shorter since the "Resolved" field is a *date
field* and shouldn't have a value unless the ticket has been resolved.
Therefore 'Resoved > 7 days ago' would work as it interprets your situation
as
"if the resolved date has a date greater than 7 days ago', that would mean
any ticket with a "Resolved Date" within that last 7 days would meet the
criteria.

Kenn

Re: RT has the worst reporting system [ In reply to ]
On 05/02/2012 03:29 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> Although I believe it could be shorter since the "Resolved" field is a
> /*date field*/ and shouldn't have a value unless the ticket has been
> resolved.

Unless it was resolved and then reopened.