Mailing List Archive

Plugin LinearEscalate
I have installed LinearEscalate.pm

When i run this command :

rt-crontool--search RT::Search::FromSQL--search-arg\
"(Status='new' OR Status='open' OR Status = 'stalled')" \
--action RT::Action::LinearEscalate

I have :

User RT not found, please contact RT administrator.
Re: Plugin LinearEscalate [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 09:08:58AM +0200, Gerald wrote:
> I have installed LinearEscalate.pm
>
> When i run this command :
>
> rt-crontool--search RT::Search::FromSQL--search-arg\
> "(Status='new' OR Status='open' OR Status = 'stalled')" \
> --action RT::Action::LinearEscalate
>
> I have :
>
> User RT not found, please contact RT administrator.

You need to have a user in RT whose Gecos field matches your unix
username. This is how it knows what RT user to load up and run as.

This often "just works" when you're logged in as root, but if you're
trying to set up an rtcrontool unix user to separate privileges,
you'll need to do some rights granting in RT.

-kevin
Re: Plugin LinearEscalate [ In reply to ]
But I have create an unix user : rtcrontool and i have add this user in
www-data group

And i have create in RT an user rtcrontool and set the unix user
parameter to rtcrontool

But i have ever :

Failed to load module RT::Action::LinearEscalate...


On 24/04/2012 17:04, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 09:08:58AM +0200, Gerald wrote:
>
>> I have installed LinearEscalate.pm
>>
>> When i run this command :
>>
>> rt-crontool--search RT::Search::FromSQL--search-arg\
>> "(Status='new' OR Status='open' OR Status = 'stalled')" \
>> --action RT::Action::LinearEscalate
>>
>> I have :
>>
>> User RT not found, please contact RT administrator.
>>
> You need to have a user in RT whose Gecos field matches your unix
> username. This is how it knows what RT user to load up and run as.
>
> This often "just works" when you're logged in as root, but if you're
> trying to set up an rtcrontool unix user to separate privileges,
> you'll need to do some rights granting in RT.
>
> -kevin
>
Re: Plugin LinearEscalate [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 05:23:15PM +0200, Gerald wrote:
> But I have create an unix user : rtcrontool and i have add this user
> in www-data group
>
> And i have create in RT an user rtcrontool and set the unix user
> parameter to rtcrontool
>
> But i have ever :
>
> Failed to load module RT::Action::LinearEscalate...

As I mentioned earlier, in your other thread on the mailing list, this
is often a permissions issue (and separate from "User RT not found").

Try loading the file explicitly
perl -I/opt/rt4/lib -MRT::Action::LinearEscalate -e1

-kevin


> On 24/04/2012 17:04, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> >On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 09:08:58AM +0200, Gerald wrote:
> >>I have installed LinearEscalate.pm
> >>
> >>When i run this command :
> >>
> >>rt-crontool--search RT::Search::FromSQL--search-arg\
> >> "(Status='new' OR Status='open' OR Status = 'stalled')" \
> >> --action RT::Action::LinearEscalate
> >>
> >>I have :
> >>
> >>User RT not found, please contact RT administrator.
> >You need to have a user in RT whose Gecos field matches your unix
> >username. This is how it knows what RT user to load up and run as.
> >
> >This often "just works" when you're logged in as root, but if you're
> >trying to set up an rtcrontool unix user to separate privileges,
> >you'll need to do some rights granting in RT.
Re: Plugin LinearEscalate [ In reply to ]
On 24/04/2012 19:50, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> perl -I/opt/rt4/lib -MRT::Action::LinearEscalate -e1

Give :

root@RT-TEST:/# perl -I/opt/rt4/local/lib/LinearEscalate.pm
-MRT::Action::LinearEscalate -e1

Can't locate RT/Action/LinearEscalate.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/opt/rt4/local/lib/LinearEscalate.pm /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .).
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
Re: Plugin LinearEscalate [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:56:43AM +0200, Gerald wrote:
> On 24/04/2012 19:50, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> >perl -I/opt/rt4/lib -MRT::Action::LinearEscalate -e1
>
> Give :
>
> root@RT-TEST:/# perl -I/opt/rt4/local/lib/LinearEscalate.pm
> -MRT::Action::LinearEscalate -e1

You copied and pasted wrong.
perl -I/opt/rt4/lib -MRT::Action::LinearEscalate -e1

-kevin

> Can't locate RT/Action/LinearEscalate.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /opt/rt4/local/lib/LinearEscalate.pm /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1
> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10
> /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .).
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
>
Re: Plugin LinearEscalate [ In reply to ]
On 25/04/2012 14:49, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> perl -I/opt/rt4/lib -MRT::Action::LinearEscalate -e1
>
But install script copy plugin LinearEscalate.pm in
/opt/rt4/local/lib/RT/Action/
Re: Plugin LinearEscalate [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 03:01:39PM +0200, Gerald wrote:
> On 25/04/2012 14:49, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> >perl -I/opt/rt4/lib -MRT::Action::LinearEscalate -e1
> But install script copy plugin LinearEscalate.pm in
> /opt/rt4/local/lib/RT/Action/

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, LinearEscalate.pm is shipped
with RT 4.0.5, there was no need to install a much older version of a
plugin that is incompatible with RT4.

rt/4.0 (4.0-trunk *)$ ls lib/RT/Action/LinearEscalate.pm
lib/RT/Action/LinearEscalate.pm

You should remove the copy of the plugin in local/lib and try again.

-kevin
Re: Plugin LinearEscalate [ In reply to ]
I have deleted the file in local/lib

and the plugin works !

Very thanks for you.

On 25/04/2012 16:28, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 03:01:39PM +0200, Gerald wrote:
>
>> On 25/04/2012 14:49, Kevin Falcone wrote:
>>
>>> perl -I/opt/rt4/lib -MRT::Action::LinearEscalate -e1
>>>
>> But install script copy plugin LinearEscalate.pm in
>> /opt/rt4/local/lib/RT/Action/
>>
> As I mentioned earlier in the thread, LinearEscalate.pm is shipped
> with RT 4.0.5, there was no need to install a much older version of a
> plugin that is incompatible with RT4.
>
> rt/4.0 (4.0-trunk *)$ ls lib/RT/Action/LinearEscalate.pm
> lib/RT/Action/LinearEscalate.pm
>
> You should remove the copy of the plugin in local/lib and try again.
>
> -kevin
>