Hi,

attached two patches for the spreadsheet export against 3.9-trunk.

-Chris
Re: patches for spreadsheet export [ In reply to ]
> utf-8 didn't work on Windows XP with Excel 2003.

Does it work on more modern Excels? This seems like a really odd
patch. I wonder if it would even work on Macs with Numbers.

> - header => Encode::encode_utf8(loc($col->{title} || $col->{attribute})),
> + header => Encode::encode( "cp1252", loc( $col->{title} || $col->{attribute} ) ),

Is there a reason not to use RT's default scrubber?

> +<%ONCE>
> +my $scrubber = HTML::Scrubber->new();
> +$scrubber->default(0);
> +$scrubber->comment(0);
> +</%ONCE>

-kevin
Re: patches for spreadsheet export [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 11:56:35AM -0500, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> > utf-8 didn't work on Windows XP with Excel 2003.
>
> Does it work on more modern Excels? This seems like a really odd
> patch. I wonder if it would even work on Macs with Numbers.

Forgetting client issues for a minute, how would this patch work on
actual utf8 data (such as asian languages)

Re: patches for spreadsheet export [ In reply to ]
Am 16.12.2010 18:00, schrieb Kevin Falcone:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 11:56:35AM -0500, Kevin Falcone wrote:
>>> utf-8 didn't work on Windows XP with Excel 2003.
>>
>> Does it work on more modern Excels? This seems like a really odd
>> patch. I wonder if it would even work on Macs with Numbers.
>
> Forgetting client issues for a minute, how would this patch work on
> actual utf8 data (such as asian languages)
OK forget about the first patch.
I will try to test utf8 on more modern excel. If this still fails maybe
it makes sense to have a config value where you can override utf8
encoding if it doesn't work for someone like me.

>>> - header => Encode::encode_utf8(loc($col->{title} || $col->{attribute})),
>>> + header => Encode::encode( "cp1252", loc( $col->{title} || $col->{attribute} ) ),
>>
>> Is there a reason not to use RT's default scrubber?
html/Elements/ScrubHTML don't scrub all html tags but in this case we
have to scrub all.

Re: patches for spreadsheet export [ In reply to ]
Please follow my Reply-To, I read the list and don't need two copies.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 06:46:27PM +0100, Christian Loos wrote:

> >> Does it work on more modern Excels? This seems like a really odd
> >> patch. I wonder if it would even work on Macs with Numbers.
> >
> > Forgetting client issues for a minute, how would this patch work on
> > actual utf8 data (such as asian languages)
> OK forget about the first patch.
> I will try to test utf8 on more modern excel. If this still fails maybe
> it makes sense to have a config value where you can override utf8
> encoding if it doesn't work for someone like me.

That sounds like a much less destructive option.

> >> Is there a reason not to use RT's default scrubber?
> html/Elements/ScrubHTML don't scrub all html tags but in this case we
> have to scrub all.

Is the problem here that we're getting HTML blown into the
spreadsheet, or that you're getting broken html? If HTML is leaking,
then yes, we want some sort of scrub.

-kevin
Re: patches for spreadsheet export [ In reply to ]
If you are using the extension, the priority is enclosed by a span html
tag within the spreadsheet.
Just try the extension and you see what I mean. ;-)

Re: patches for spreadsheet export [ In reply to ]
Please obey my Reply-To

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 07:09:01PM +0100, Christian Loos wrote:
> If you are using the extension, the priority is enclosed by a span html
> tag within the spreadsheet.
> Just try the extension and you see what I mean. ;-)

A modified patch with some comments about what is going on would be
good

-kevin

Re: patches for spreadsheet export [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Christian Loos <cloos@netsandbox.de> wrote:

>>> Does it work on more modern Excels?  This seems like a really odd
>>> patch.  I wonder if it would even work on Macs with Numbers.
>>
>> Forgetting client issues for a minute, how would this patch work on
>> actual utf8 data (such as asian languages)
>
> OK forget about the first patch.
> I will try to test utf8 on more modern excel. If this still fails maybe
> it makes sense to have a config value where you can override utf8
> encoding if it doesn't work for someone like me.

It doesn't work for many as excel is stupid and expect that csv files
are in some preferred encoding, for example on ru Windows it should be
cp1251.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.
Re: patches for spreadsheet export [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 06:00:07PM +0300, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:

> It doesn't work for many as excel is stupid and expect that csv files
> are in some preferred encoding, for example on ru Windows it should be
> cp1251.

That's why I made RT::Extension::SearchResults::XLS ;)