Mailing List Archive

multiple snmp trap destinations?
Hi,

Does anyone know how to configure multiple snmp trap destinations in rsyslog.conf?
$actionsnmptarget seems only accepting one IP address.

Thanks
Xuan

_______________________________________________
rsyslog mailing list
http://lists.adiscon.net/mailman/listinfo/rsyslog
http://www.rsyslog.com/professional-services/
Re: multiple snmp trap destinations? [ In reply to ]
I haven't tried it, but knowing how rsyslog tends to work, the way to do
this would be to have multiple sections
$actionsnmptarget= <firsttarget>
*.* <firsttargetinfo>
$actionsnmptarget = <secondtarget>
*.* <secondtargetinfo>

David Lang


On Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Xuan Zhong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to configure multiple snmp trap destinations in rsyslog.conf?
> $actionsnmptarget seems only accepting one IP address.
_______________________________________________
rsyslog mailing list
http://lists.adiscon.net/mailman/listinfo/rsyslog
http://www.rsyslog.com/professional-services/
Re: multiple snmp trap destinations? [ In reply to ]
> -----Original Message-----
> From: rsyslog-bounces@lists.adiscon.com [mailto:rsyslog-
> bounces@lists.adiscon.com] On Behalf Of david@lang.hm
> Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:17 AM
> To: rsyslog-users
> Subject: Re: [rsyslog] multiple snmp trap destinations?
>
> I haven't tried it, but knowing how rsyslog tends to work, the way to
> do
> this would be to have multiple sections
> $actionsnmptarget= <firsttarget>
> *.* <firsttargetinfo>
> $actionsnmptarget = <secondtarget>
> *.* <secondtargetinfo>
Yup, that should work (if not, its probably a bug).

rainer

>
> David Lang
>
>
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Xuan Zhong wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to configure multiple snmp trap destinations in
> rsyslog.conf?
> > $actionsnmptarget seems only accepting one IP address.
> _______________________________________________
> rsyslog mailing list
> http://lists.adiscon.net/mailman/listinfo/rsyslog
> http://www.rsyslog.com/professional-services/
_______________________________________________
rsyslog mailing list
http://lists.adiscon.net/mailman/listinfo/rsyslog
http://www.rsyslog.com/professional-services/