Mailing List Archive

rsyslog mailling list website trouble
Hello,

There are:
1) "Enter confirmation cookie" page issues
2) "Private Archives Authentication" not working either

I suspect that's because both pages are an https URL but the form
submission/action is http.

Probably there is a redirect in the background (http->https) that breaks
the transmission of the credentials.

You should change the form action on those pages to use "https" instead
of "http".

BTW the archives show nothing after May 2018.

I'm no longer sure if I want to use rsyslog unless you can tell me where
to find the appropriate community... :D

BR,

Marki

Re: rsyslog mailling list website trouble [ In reply to ]
El vie., 30 ago. 2019 a las 12:32, rsyslog--- via rsyslog
(<rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com>) escribió:

> Hello,
>
> There are:
> 1) "Enter confirmation cookie" page issues
> 2) "Private Archives Authentication" not working either
>
> I suspect that's because both pages are an https URL but the form
> submission/action is http.
>
> Probably there is a redirect in the background (http->https) that breaks
> the transmission of the credentials.
>
> You should change the form action on those pages to use "https" instead
> of "http".

In a nutshell, these functions are mostly shut down. This is because
of the GDPR, which generates too much trouble for the mailing list.
The list itself is full operational any many other folks archive it,
e.g.

http://rsyslog-users.1305293.n2.nabble.com/

> I'm no longer sure if I want to use rsyslog unless you can tell me where
> to find the appropriate community... :D

There is an active community around rsyslog, you are also advised to
have a look at github.

I'll see if I can fully shutdown those parts that should not be
visible in the first place.

Rainer