Mailing List Archive

escape-cc
Hello List:

   I am trying to replicate this string template...

template(name="rawmsg2" type="string" string="%rawmsg:::escape-cc%\n")

...as a list template...

template(name="rawmsg3" type="list") { property(name="rawmsg" escape-cc=”on”) constant(value="\n") }

...but it doesn't work throwing the following error message.

rsyslogd: error during parsing file templates.conf, on or before line 7:
invalid character '-' in object definition - is there an invalid escape sequence somewhere?
[v8.1904.0 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2207]

I found this verbiage in the documentation...

property(name="msg" spifno1stsp="on" )

...is the same as...

%msg:::sp-if-no-1st-sp%

...so I tried removing the dash in the escape-cc specification...

template(name="rawmsg3" type="list") { property(name="rawmsg" escapecc=”on”) constant(value="\n") }

...but that still throws an error.

rsyslogd: error during parsing file templates.conf, on or before line 8:
parameter 'escapecc' not known -- typo in config file?
[v8.1904.0 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2207 ]

Am I missing something fundamental?

Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance.

Re: escape-cc [ In reply to ]
Inside list templates, the property name is "controlcharacters".
Search this page for a description:

https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/templates.html

HTH
Rainer