Mailing List Archive

Newie at rsyslog
greetings to everyone,

I am Newie using rsyslog, at this moment i am trying to collect anoter
machine logs, however i cannot handle those logs.

i mean, my rsyslog is listening at tcp and upd port 514

$ModLoad imudp
$UDPServerRun 514
$ModLoad imtcp
$InputTCPServerRun 514

How can i: store those logs to a log file, o relay it to another server?

my infraestructure is:

server A (generates a log file, and its forwarder via local0 facility to
server B) (server A was tested to server C and works ok, it sends the logs)

the server B (when i am working) receives the logs generated by server A;
however i have a network trafict, but cant store those.

thanks
Re: Newie at rsyslog [ In reply to ]
once you have received the logs (from whatever source), they are processed by
the same config lines, so if you look at /var/log/messages, you will see logs
from both systems

double check that you don't have iptables blocking port 514.

David Lang