Starting system logger: rsyslogd: Error: OpenSSL Version to old, SSL_CONF_cmd API is not supported. [v8.1905.0 try https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2095 ]

/usr/bin/openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.2k-fips 26 Jan 2017

What is the recommended version of Openssl ?
Thanks.

Best Regards,
Mike Li

Confidentiality Notice:: This email, including attachments, may include non-public, proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized agent of an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in or transmitted with this e-mail is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and permanently delete this e-mail, its attachments, and any copies of it immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person. Thank you.
Re: openssl version for rsyslog-gnutls-8.1905 or rsyslog-openssl-8.1905 [ In reply to ]
pls post your config - this could be a bug inside rsyslog.

Rainer

Re: openssl version for rsyslog-gnutls-8.1905 or rsyslog-openssl-8.1905 [ In reply to ]
Hi Rainer,

I'm debating whether to use ossl(was told to be more stable, but has the rsyslogd: Error: OpenSSL Version to old, SSL_CONF_cmd API is not supported issue) or otls (was told to be less stable?)
Please advise.
Thanks.
Mike
----
grep -v ^# /etc/rsyslog.conf

module(load="imuxsock") # provides support for local system logging (e.g. via logger command)
module(load="imklog") # provides kernel logging support (previously done by rklogd)

module(load="imudp" SchedulingPolicy="fifo" SchedulingPriority="5" threads="2" timeRequery="8" batchSize="128")
input(type="imudp" port="514")

module(load="imptcp") # needs to be done just once
input(type="imptcp" port="514")

$MaxOpenFiles 102400

$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat

$template FinraFileFormat, "%$year% %timegenerated% %HOSTNAME% %msg%\n"
$template FinraXDPFileFormat, "%msg%\n"
$template PanFileFormat, "%HOSTNAME%\,%msg%\r\n"
$template VormetricFF, "%$year% %timegenerated% %HOSTNAME% %syslogtag% %structured-data%\n"

$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/SPLUNK/*.conf

global(
defaultNetstreamDriverCAFile="/opt/splunk/etc/apps/proofpoint/certs/cis-eng-ca.pem"
defaultNetstreamDriverCertFile="/opt/splunk/etc/apps/proofpoint/certs/logforwarder.snipped.pem"
defaultNetstreamDriverKeyFile="/opt/splunk/etc/apps/proofpoint/certs/logforwarder.snipped-key.pem"
)
module(
load="imtcp"
StreamDriver.Name="ossl"
StreamDriver.mode="1"
StreamDriver.AuthMode="anon"
)
input(type="imtcp" port="10514")

if $programname == 'puppet-agent' then -/var/log/all/puppet
if $programname == 'puppet-master' then -/var/log/all/puppet
if $programname == 'puppet-user' then -/var/log/all/puppet

*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none /var/log/messages

authpriv.* /var/log/secure

mail.* /var/log/maillog

cron.* /var/log/cron

*.emerg :omusrmsg:*

uucp,news.crit /var/log/spooler

local7.* /var/log/boot.log

auth.debug -/var/log/all/auth.log
authpriv.debug -/var/log/all/authpriv.log
cron.debug -/var/log/all/cron.log
daemon.debug -/var/log/all/daemon.log
ftp.debug -/var/log/all/ftp.log
kern.debug -/var/log/all/kern.log
lpr.debug -/var/log/all/lpr.log
mail.debug -/var/log/all/mail.log
news.debug -/var/log/all/news.log
syslog.debug -/var/log/all/syslog.log
user.debug -/var/log/all/user.log
uucp.debug -/var/log/all/uucp.log
local0.debug -/var/log/all/local0.log
local1.debug -/var/log/all/local1.log
local2.debug -/var/log/all/local2.log
local3.debug -/var/log/all/local3.log
local4.debug -/var/log/all/local4.log
local5.debug -/var/log/all/local5.log
local6.debug -/var/log/all/local6.log
local7.debug -/var/log/all/local7.log

if $programname == 'snipped-drupal' then /var/log/drupal/drupal.log

template (name="Trend" type="string" string="/var/log/trend/trend_ds.log")
if ( $source == 'localhost' or $fromhost-ip == '127.0.0.1' ) and $syslogfacility-text == 'local5' then
{
action(type="omfile" dynaFile="Trend" template="RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat")
stop
}

EXTERNAL: Verify sender before opening attachments or links.