Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 8.1904 not built with systemd in OBS repos
Tried to start rsyslog 8.1904 in chrooted environment, but got the systemd
service timeout error.
The sd_notify in rsyslog 8.1901 version from Debian repositories is working
fine with just bind mounting host /run/systemd/notify into the chroot under
the same path.

The root cause seems to be the rsyslog 8.1904 in OBS Debian9 repository is
not built with systemd support for some reason.

~# /usr/sbin/rsyslogd -vvv
rsyslogd 8.1904.0 (aka 2019.04) compiled with:
PLATFORM: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
PLATFORM (lsb_release -d):
FEATURE_REGEXP: Yes
GSSAPI Kerberos 5 support: No
FEATURE_DEBUG (debug build, slow code): No
32bit Atomic operations supported: Yes
64bit Atomic operations supported: Yes
memory allocator: system default
Runtime Instrumentation (slow code): No
uuid support: Yes
systemd support: No
Config file: /etc/rsyslog.conf
PID file: /var/run/rsyslogd.pid
Number of Bits in RainerScript integers: 64

Peter
Re: rsyslog 8.1904 not built with systemd in OBS repos [ In reply to ]
Peter,

I guess I won my fight with OBS and, if so, new packages with systemd
support are now building. Should be available soon. Would be great if
you could check.

Rainer

Re: rsyslog 8.1904 not built with systemd in OBS repos [ In reply to ]
Confirm the sd_notify interface working now for rsyslog from OBS Debian9
repositories.
Thank you.

Re: rsyslog 8.1904 not built with systemd in OBS repos [ In reply to ]
El jue., 20 jun. 2019 a las 9:36, Peter Viskup (<skupko.sk@gmail.com>) escribió:

> Confirm the sd_notify interface working now for rsyslog from OBS Debian9 repositories.
> Thank you.

thanks for the confirmation!

Rainer