I have a way around this but wanted to know if I am overlooking something. When directing output to a unix domain socket, am I limited to a single socket? I cannot find a way to write to two different sockets. Is there a way to label them and use the label in the ruleset to direct messages accordingly?

Doug Wussler
Florida State University

Re: omuxsock: Limited to single instance? [ In reply to ]
no, you can't have one action() statement direct to multiple sockets. you should
be able to have separate action() statements with filters as to what goes to
which action.

David Lang

Re: omuxsock: Limited to single instance? [ In reply to ]
El vie., 14 jun. 2019 a las 20:32, David Lang via rsyslog
(<rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com>) escribió:

> no, you can't have one action() statement direct to multiple sockets. you should
> be able to have separate action() statements with filters as to what goes to
> which action.

Looks like you need to use old style config to specify the sockets. Doc here:

https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/modules/omuxsock.html

You need to repeat the sample block for each socket that you need to write to.

HTH
Rainer

Re: omuxsock: Limited to single instance? [ In reply to ]
Thank you. This is what works (simplified):

module(load="omuxsock")
ruleset(name="twoSocks") {
$OMUxSockSocket /var/log/sockOne
*.* :omuxsock:
$OMUxSockSocket /var/log/sockTwo
*.* :omuxsock:
}

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.rsyslog.com_doc_v8-2Dstable_configuration_modules_omuxsock.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=iWHlmRoKGsiAUGML4kxiTFSMVFjSJWPJZ-Qyls6lSv0&m=TzoSetuhR9Wek12IFOgs5pHngbZJnY1YlJJcf5t44gA&s=NYB9wyDCZddkYQkO65vTldsBdty66nfbrP-tzRs2DQs&e=