Mailing List Archive

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: omhttp and rsyslog-8.1903
Hi,

On 3/6/19 1:12 PM, Rainer Gerhards wrote:
> As a side-note: we *really* need some help with a couple of issues
> building on SuSE OBS. We would deeply appreciate if somebody could
> step in and provide a helping hand. The goal still is to get OBS going
> to provide cross-platform packages for all distros.
>
> A big problem we currently have is that we cannot build with openssl
> for debian [1]. This means we have to exclude this functionality from
> the rsyslog-project debian packages. But it's not only this problem,
> there are more of the same sort.
Not at all familiar with OBS, but since you seem to be looking for any
wild idea at all: would adding libssl-dev to librelp.dsc' Build-Depends
help? Just asking because I saw the following near the top of the build
output:
processing recipe /var/cache/obs/worker/root_3/.build-srcdir/librelp.dsc ...

> Even partial answers would help.
>
> Thanks,
> Rainer
regards,
Lennard Klein
This email is from Equinix (EMEA) B.V. or one of its associated companies in the territory from where this email has been sent. This email, and any files transmitted with it, contains information which is confidential, is solely for the use of the intended recipient and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email immediately. Equinix (EMEA) B.V.. Registered Office: Amstelplein 1, 1096 HA Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Registered in The Netherlands No. 57577889.
Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: omhttp and rsyslog-8.1903 [ In reply to ]
El mié., 6 mar. 2019 a las 13:49, Lennard Klein via rsyslog
(<rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com>) escribió:

> Hi,
>
> On 3/6/19 1:12 PM, Rainer Gerhards wrote:
> > As a side-note: we *really* need some help with a couple of issues
> > building on SuSE OBS. We would deeply appreciate if somebody could
> > step in and provide a helping hand. The goal still is to get OBS going
> > to provide cross-platform packages for all distros.
> >
> > A big problem we currently have is that we cannot build with openssl
> > for debian [1]. This means we have to exclude this functionality from
> > the rsyslog-project debian packages. But it's not only this problem,
> > there are more of the same sort.
> Not at all familiar with OBS, but since you seem to be looking for any
> wild idea at all: would adding libssl-dev to librelp.dsc' Build-Depends
> help? Just asking because I saw the following near the top of the build
> output:
> processing recipe /var/cache/obs/worker/root_3/.build-srcdir/librelp.dsc ...

Thanks! That indeed did the trick. I guess we can now also enable the
openssl subsystem for rsyslog.

We would still be interested to get some permanent help with OBS.

Rainer