because it might conflict with a future rsyslog update.

I feel there's a policy/convention I'm missing here. Why not build and
package all modules? Package size? Licensing? Is the concept that people
might build/package/install their own custom modules? Wouldn't they be free
to name the .so differently and then something like
module(load="mycustomomhttp")?

thanks,
-Derek.
Re: omhttp and rsyslog-8.1903 [ In reply to ]
Simple: Lack of contributors. I am asking since years for folks who would
like to help with packaging and so far we had 0 responses. Adiscon packages
what the support customers request. But that's basically it.

I have started with suse obs one or two years ago, so that we get Debian
and suse as well. But it's a real side activity, and so far nobody who
knows the system did step in when I asked. Thankfully Jan has packaged
omhttp for what we have on obs and where we can make it work. Right now,
though, the build on my repo send to but have worked. Hopefully fixed soon.

Rainer

Sent from phone, thus brief.

Derek DiFilippo via rsyslog <rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com> schrieb am Di., 5.
März 2019, 20:08:

Re: omhttp and rsyslog-8.1903 [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the clarification.

We've invested a lot of time/effort into CMake. We do everything via
CMake/CTest/CPack & are generating .rpms and .debs.
It's a steep climb because we had legacy repos to convert, and it's hard
work in general. It's been worth it though.

best,
-Derek.

Re: omhttp and rsyslog-8.1903 [ In reply to ]
Cmake Sounds nice, but ... Even more to do ;-)

Sent from phone, thus brief.

Re: omhttp and rsyslog-8.1903 [ In reply to ]
As a side-note: we *really* need some help with a couple of issues
building on SuSE OBS. We would deeply appreciate if somebody could
step in and provide a helping hand. The goal still is to get OBS going
to provide cross-platform packages for all distros.

A big problem we currently have is that we cannot build with openssl
for debian [1]. This means we have to exclude this functionality from
the rsyslog-project debian packages. But it's not only this problem,
there are more of the same sort.

Even partial answers would help.

Thanks,
Rainer