I'm trying to establish a centralized logging facility. When the server is
not reachable, logs are stored in a queue. I would like to know if there is
any provisioning in the rsyslog to know when the remote rsyslog server is
unavailable so that we can debug.

Thanks,
Sandeep

--
Sent from: http://rsyslog-users.1305293.n2.nabble.com/
Re: Remote rsyslog server unavailable [ In reply to ]
You can filter on the message that it generates in that case. See
action.reportSuspension in
https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/actions.html

HTH
Rainer

Re: Remote rsyslog server unavailable [ In reply to ]
I'm able to see resumed messages but *"suspended"* messages are not
generated.

--
Sent from: http://rsyslog-users.1305293.n2.nabble.com/
Re: Remote rsyslog server unavailable [ In reply to ]
samples?

El mar., 22 ene. 2019 a las 12:40, sandeep kotta via rsyslog

Re: Remote rsyslog server unavailable [ In reply to ]
Jan 22 16:32:53 sandeep-VirtualBox sandeep: Testing 1
Jan 22 16:32:56 sandeep-VirtualBox sandeep: Testing 2
Jan 22 16:33:06 sandeep-VirtualBox sandeep: Testing 3

At this point of time the server was unreachable

Jan 22 16:33:26 sandeep-VirtualBox sandeep: Testing 4
Jan 22 16:33:45 sandeep-VirtualBox sandeep: Testing 5

At this point of time server was reachable

Jan 22 16:34:08 sandeep-VirtualBox sandeep: Testing 6
Jan 22 16:34:26 sandeep-VirtualBox rsyslogd-2359: action 'action 5' resumed
(module 'builtin:omfwd') [v8.16.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2359 ]

As you can see only the resumed message is visible

And this is my action used

*.*;auth,authpriv.none action( type="omfwd" target="192.168.56.101"
port="514" protocol="tcp"
action.resumeretryCount="-1"
queue.type="linkedlist"
queue.size="100"
queue.filename="test"
action.reportSuspension = "on"
)

--
Sent from: http://rsyslog-users.1305293.n2.nabble.com/
Re: Remote rsyslog server unavailable [ In reply to ]
Oh... It's a very old version, 8.16. please give the current a try
(8.1901.0).

Rainer

Sent from phone, thus brief.

Am Di., 22. Jan. 2019, 13:03 hat sandeep kotta via rsyslog <
rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com> geschrieben: