Mailing List Archive

RE: Comments request - attachments within Offic e files
I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but libole2
from the Gnome project looks like it might do what you want.
It looks like this library has been replaced by another one called
libgsf, but this seems to have more dependancies (zlib, libxml2,
glib).

They both should be available from:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources

The API for libole2 is documented at the site below:
http://www.wvware.com/libole2/html/

BTW thanks for providing a great application.

Hope this helps.
Chris Hine

Re: Comments request - attachments within Offic e files [ In reply to ]
> I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but libole2
> from the Gnome project looks like it might do what you want.
> It looks like this library has been replaced by another one called
> libgsf, but this seems to have more dependancies (zlib, libxml2,
> glib).

Thanks for the leads. I will have to look into it. It seems no matter how I look at it, I can see the need for a 'large library' to be hooked onto this.

What particularly worries me is that ripMIME is used across a multitude of platforms ( SGI, HPUX, AIX, Solaris, *BSD, Linux ... even Windows ) and thus being able to obtain such libraries on those various platforms would prove problematic no doubt.

> BTW thanks for providing a great application.

Not a problem at all. It was written originally because I was trapped into a corner with no avilable options for the need-at-hand. Fortunately, I've found that a lot of commercial users of ripMIME give back quite a bit in terms of patches ( even though they're not obliged to ).

Soon I should start looking at what I'm going to do for ripMIME v1.3.x.x ( development for 1.4.x.x ). . . or perhaps v2.x.x.x However, if things work okay then perhaps I shouldn't put the energy into it ;-) I guess I'm wanting to get a nice clean rewrite of ripMIME, because right now a lot of the decoding routines are very -ugly- ( I tried objectifying everything, but eventually the number of exceptions to deal with exploits broke my interfaces in one way or another ). There's also a lot of redundant code in the whole lot.

Anyhow, I better stop rabbling. I've got to get out there and try sell some more Xamime... else it'll be back to the 9-5 job/boss thing for me *aaeeeeiii*.

Regards.