Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: F5 BIG-IP devices - any tricks? [ In reply to ]
Mick,

On 23 October 2012 10:56, Mick O'Rourke <mkorourke@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone already done any work on the f5rancid script to work with F5
> 11.x configuration partitions? ie. read out
> /config/partition/partition_xyz/bigip.conf etc etc
>
> Looking at current master f5rancid from
> https://github.com/dotwaffle/rancid-git/tree/master/bin it doesn't appear
> to be present.

I don't have an F5 running 11.x at the moment, but if you could supply an
idea of the mapping, I'd be very interested. For instance, is it just a
case of adding a glob such as "/config/partition/partition_*/bigip.conf" or
is there something "new" that's going to make me sigh horrible? ;)

Re: F5 BIG-IP devices - any tricks? [ In reply to ]
Hey Matt

I havn't done any more work on this recently. But my opinion is you will
want to be using tmsh commands to get the partition configuration and not
trying to dump files directly. You just won't get everything otherwise.

http://blog.routedlogic.net/2011/12/08/rancid-monitoring-of-f5s-with-bigip-v11-x/

https://devcentral.f5.com/Community/GroupDetails/tabid/1082223/aft/2158962/asg/44/Default.aspx

-Colin

cstubbs @ gmail . com [smtp, g+, fb, msn]