Mailing List Archive

Rancid SAN Switch (Brocade) Script
Up until recently I have only used Rancid for our Firewalls, Routers,
Switches, and Load balancers (ACE Modules) but we recently bought a pair
of HP 4/256 San directors. (They are just rebranded brocade switches)
I was asked to see if I can get Rancid to grab the config so after a ton
of hacking to good code I finally got rancid to grab the switch confg
and the zoning config. I have seen on the list that people have
inquired about it so if anyone is interested I can send the script
along. Keep in mind coding is not my forte but it works and that's all
I care about.

Nick
Re: Rancid SAN Switch (Brocade) Script [ In reply to ]
>From: rancid-discuss-bounces@shrubbery.net [mailto:rancid-discuss-bounces@shrubbery.net] On Behalf Of Jake Robinson
>Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:50 AM
>To: rancid-discuss@shrubbery.net
>Subject: [rancid] Rancid SAN Switch (Brocade) Script
>
>I'd be interested in the brocade script.
>

A lot of Brocade used to be Froundry. I would suggest trying francid on them.

--Chris



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Attention: The information contained in this email and/or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.
_______________________________________________
Rancid-discuss mailing list
Rancid-discuss@shrubbery.net
http://www.shrubbery.net/mailman/listinfo.cgi/rancid-discuss
Re: Rancid SAN Switch (Brocade) Script [ In reply to ]
Hi

The attached works for me, not the full config but enough for us to recover if required.

We are running FOS v6.2.2c

Usual disclaimer applies, use at your own risk etc etc etc

Hope it helps

Thanks

Rhys Evans
Technical Consultant

| Redblade Ltd | Tel: +44 (0)845 094 2389 | Fax: +44 (0)20 7735 1555 | Southbank House, Vauxhall | www.redblade.co.uk |


-----Original Message-----
From: rancid-discuss-bounces@shrubbery.net [mailto:rancid-discuss-bounces@shrubbery.net] On Behalf Of Chris Gauthier
Sent: 12 January 2011 23:58
To: rancid-discuss@shrubbery.net
Subject: Re: [rancid] Rancid SAN Switch (Brocade) Script

>From: rancid-discuss-bounces@shrubbery.net [mailto:rancid-discuss-bounces@shrubbery.net] On Behalf Of Jake Robinson
>Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:50 AM
>To: rancid-discuss@shrubbery.net
>Subject: [rancid] Rancid SAN Switch (Brocade) Script
>
>I'd be interested in the brocade script.
>

A lot of Brocade used to be Froundry. I would suggest trying francid on them.

--Chris



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Attention: The information contained in this email and/or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.
_______________________________________________
Rancid-discuss mailing list
Rancid-discuss@shrubbery.net
http://www.shrubbery.net/mailman/listinfo.cgi/rancid-discuss



Redblade Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England, no: 5821834
Registered Office: Southbank House, Black Prince Road, Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

This email and its content are subject to the disclaimer as displayed at the following link http://www.redblade.co.uk/disclaimer.htm
Re: Rancid SAN Switch (Brocade) Script [ In reply to ]
What do you use for router.db

<devicename>:brocade:up ??

Thanks.
Keng



On Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:34:52 AM UTC-5, Rhys Evans wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> The attached works for me, not the full config but enough for us to
> recover if required.
>
> We are running FOS v6.2.2c
>
> Usual disclaimer applies, use at your own risk etc etc etc
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Thanks
>
> Rhys Evans
> Technical Consultant
>
> | Redblade Ltd | Tel: +44 (0)845 094 2389 | Fax: +44 (0)20 7735 1555 |
> Southbank House, Vauxhall | www.redblade.co.uk |
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: rancid-disc...@shrubbery.net <javascript:> [mailto:
> rancid-discuss-bounces@shrubbery.net <javascript:>] On Behalf Of Chris
> Gauthier
> Sent: 12 January 2011 23:58
> To: rancid-...@shrubbery.net <javascript:>
> Subject: Re: [rancid] Rancid SAN Switch (Brocade) Script
>
> >From: rancid-disc...@shrubbery.net <javascript:> [mailto:
> rancid-discuss-bounces@shrubbery.net <javascript:>] On Behalf Of Jake
> Robinson
> >Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:50 AM
> >To: rancid-...@shrubbery.net <javascript:>
> >Subject: [rancid] Rancid SAN Switch (Brocade) Script
> >
> >I'd be interested in the brocade script.
> >
>
> A lot of Brocade used to be Froundry. I would suggest trying francid on
> them.
>
> --Chris
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> Attention: The information contained in this email and/or attachments is
> intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
> contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
> retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
> reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
> intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
> contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any
> copies.
> _______________________________________________
> Rancid-discuss mailing list
> Rancid-...@shrubbery.net <javascript:>
> http://www.shrubbery.net/mailman/listinfo.cgi/rancid-discuss
>
> Redblade Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England, no:
> 5821834
> Registered Office: Southbank House, Black Prince Road, Vauxhall, London,
> SE1 7SJ
>
> This email and its content are subject to the disclaimer as displayed at
> the following link http://www.redblade.co.uk/disclaimer.htm
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Rancid-discuss mailing list
> Rancid-...@shrubbery.net <javascript:>
> http://www.shrubbery.net/mailman/listinfo.cgi/rancid-discuss
>
>