Mailing List Archive

Regarding the installation of quagga-0.99.19 on freebsd 7.2
Hi,

I am new to quagga. I am facing problem in the installation of
quagga-0.99.19 on freebsd 7.2

steps followed
-------------------
1) extracted the file using tar - zxvf quagga-0.99.19.tar.gz
2) cd quagga-0.99.19
3)./configure
4)make
5)make install

6)copied the zebra.conf,ripd.conf ospfd.conf and bgpd.conf to
/usr/local/etc/quagga/
7)Added to the user and group as quagga to these files.
8) added the following lines to the /etc/rc.conf
quagga_enable="YES"
router_enable="NO"
watchquagga_enable="YES"
quagga_daemons="zebra bgpd ripd ospfd"
quagga_flags="-d "
9) Then started the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/quagga start.

daemons are not getting started up.
execution of command in step 9) is also not throwing any error.

Not able to figure it out whats wrong here.

Please provide your inputs in order to debug and resolve this issue.

Regards
Vick
Re: Regarding the installation of quagga-0.99.19 on freebsd 7.2 [ In reply to ]
8) added the following lines to the /etc/rc.conf
quagga_enable="YES"
router_enable="NO"
watchquagga_enable="YES"
quagga_daemons="zebra bgpd ripd ospfd"
quagga_flags="-d "
9) Then started the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/quagga start.

The rc.d files in quagga are for the NetBSD rc.d system. I do not know
how well that works in FreeBSD, especially outside of pkgsrc which
provides some compat support.

Also, 0.99.19 is old; I suggest using 0.21.
Re: Regarding the installation of quagga-0.99.19 on freebsd 7.2 [ In reply to ]
Hi Vikrant,

Try "sh -x /path/to/zebra start" to get you more.

Best regards,

------------
Banyan He
Blog: http://www.rootong.com
Email: banyan@rootong.com

Re: Regarding the installation of quagga-0.99.19 on freebsd 7.2 [ In reply to ]
Hi !

Another way is use FreeBSD ports :

cd /usr/ports/net/quagga && make install clean

Then you can use the lines in /etc/rc.conf :

quagga_enable="YES"
watchquagga_enable="YES"
quagga_daemons="zebra bgpd ripd ospfd"
quagga_flags="-d "