--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208
Re: BPG Proxy objects [ In reply to ]
On 06/02/2012 06:30, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
> This is not a quagga question, but since I use quagga, this is the only BGP
> community I frequent.
>
> Over the years, my ASN (37989) has been included by various transit
> providers in proxy objects. Some of these are no longer providing transit
> for me.
>
> Does this hurt?
> Do I need to clean these?

This isn't really related to quagga in any way, but:

It will hurt you if you ever interconnect with an organisation which uses
IRRDB objects for filtering your prefixes. Best thing to do is to maintain
your own AS object in the APNIC IRRDB, and to get your old transit
providers to delete any proxy objects they may have registered.

Nick