Usually qmail required helo, and I am surprised that it's not required.

Love,
Jens
Re: HELO/EHLO not required ? [ In reply to ]
Jens Bauer <jens@bruger.mine.nu> wrote:

> And I noticed that ehlo/helo is 'not required anymore' after applying the
> AUTH patch. I've just verified that I can send mail to myself without
> providing helo/ehlo. Is this correct behaviour ?!?? Usually qmail required
> helo, and I am surprised that it's not required.

You're mistaken. qmail-smtpd does not require the client to issue HELO/EHLO
prior to sending mail, and never has to the best of my knowledge.

Perhaps you've been using an add-on or patch that makes that change?

Charles
Charles Cazabon
GPL'ed software available at: http://pyropus.ca/software/
Read http://pyropus.ca/personal/writings/12-steps-to-qmail-list-bliss.html
Re: HELO/EHLO not required ? [ In reply to ]
Hi Charles,

You're right. I confused that qmail required 'mail from' before 'rcpt to' for being 'helo' before anything else, so sorry for the noise... :)

Love,
Jens