b75d492e sp bfbf5f70 error 4 in libperl.so[b75ab000+161000]
Sep 2 01:53:07 li164-183 kernel: greylist[425]: segfault at 10 ip
b771792e sp bf8df350 error 4 in libperl.so[b76ee000+161000]
Sep 2 01:54:56 li164-183 kernel: greylist[452]: segfault at 10 ip
b76d692e sp bfbb9430 error 4 in libperl.so[b76ad000+161000]

This error usually occur when someone tried to my machine. I'm using
perl-5.10 and have Sys::Syslog compile from source.

Anyone encountered this error before? Any other solutions besides qgreylist?
Re: implemeting greylisting [ In reply to ]
How about trying jms1.net greylist?

Kinglok, FONG.

Re: implemeting greylisting [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Nelson Serafica <ntserafica@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm looking on how to implement greylisting on qmail. The simple and I
> tried before was qgreylist. However,after putting /var/qmail/bin/greylist on
> the run file inside qmail-smtp, I notice that I cannot receive an email
> anymore. No clue on maillog but I see the ff on syslog:
>
> Sep 2 01:30:05 li164-183 kernel: greylist[345]: segfault at 10 ip b776692e
> sp bf856f60 error 4 in libperl.so[b773d000+161000]

Something that often causes this is a memory limit which is too low. How
are you starting up your SMTP server? If you are using softlimit, have you
tried increasing the memory limit?

Good luck!

----Scott.
Re: implemeting greylisting [ In reply to ]
Thanks!

It is now working. My softlimit before was 5000000 and I change it to
10000000.

Re: implemeting greylisting [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 02 September 2010 07:19:02 Nelson Serafica wrote:
> Anyone encountered this error before? Any other solutions besides
> qgreylist?

Sure. Last time I looked round (qmail.org, Google etc) I found about 10
different greylisting implementations for qmail, alas I don't have that list to
hand. I did find a wide variety of implementations and interpretations of
'greylisting' however: I suggest checking that the version you choose uses the
?standard? interpretation of greylisting based on source-IP-
address/sender/recipient; another key differentiator is how each implementation
stores its data.

I'll also plug my and John Levine's greydaemon as a candidate for you:

http://free.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/grey.html

cheers,

Andrew.
* Custom email solutions * Systems Administration * Networking
http://www.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/qmail.html
RE: implemeting greylisting [ In reply to ]
Your email/fax has been received.

Your reference number is 1-181PS3U.

Please quote this number if you need to contact us regarding your request.

Thank you for contacting the Queensland Newspapers Group.

Customers outside of Queensland during the period of daylight saving,
please contact QNP Classifieds on 132202 if you have not received
your proof/quote by your close of business.

Queensland Newspapers Group incorporates Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd
(ABN 61 009 661 778). This document and any following pages are intended
solely for the named addressee, are confidential and may contain legally privileged information. The copying or distribution of them or any information they contain
by any other than the addressee, is prohibited. If you have received this document
in error, please notify sender by reply e-mail, and then return it by mail to - 41 Campbell Street, Bowen Hills, Queensland, 4006.

On Thursday 02 September 2010 07:19:02 Nelson Serafica wrote:
> Anyone encountered this error before? Any other solutions besides
> qgreylist?

Sure. Last time I looked round (qmail.org, Google etc) I found about 10
different greylisting implementations for qmail, alas I don't have that list to
hand. I did find a wide variety of implementations and interpretations of
'greylisting' however: I suggest checking that the version you choose uses the
?standard? interpretation of greylisting based on source-IP-
address/sender/recipient; another key differentiator is how each implementation
stores its data.

I'll also plug my and John Levine's greydaemon as a candidate for you:

http://free.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/grey.html

cheers,

Andrew.
* Custom email solutions * Systems Administration * Networking
http://www.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/qmail.html

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information.
It is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
message or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee, you may not copy or deliver
this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message
and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message
and its attachments which does not relate to the official business of the sending company must
be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by that company or any of its related entities. No
warranty is made that the e-mail or attachments are free from computer virus or other defect.
Re: implemeting greylisting [ In reply to ]
Re: implemeting greylisting [ In reply to ]
Thus said Nelson Serafica on Thu, 02 Sep 2010 14:19:02 +0800:

> Anyone encountered this error before? Any other solutions besides
> qgreylist?

Don't bother adding this to qmail. Instead, use OpenBSD's spamd.

Andy