PS: This method will additional be part of SPAMCONTROL 2.7.

--
Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de
Re: [Announce] qmail-authentication 0.7.0 -- CRAM-MD5 support added to qmail-remote [ In reply to ]
Hoi Erwin,

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:05:07PM +0200, Erwin Hoffmann wrote:
> Finally, I integrated CRAM-MD5 as additional authentication method into
> qmail-remote (as required by RFC 4945 for unencrypted SMTP connections).

Can't use CRAM-MD5 as my el cheapo checkpasswd-ldap can't handle it,
but I took your post as cause to finally have my server behind the DSL line
send the messages to my mail server via submission and SMTP AUTH (which
I wanted to do for like 4 years ;-)).

Downloading, applying and compiling the patch with netqmail-1.06, replacing
the qmail-remote binary and creating the control/authsenders file
was a matter of 5 minutes and it worked like a charm on the first try.

Great work! Thanks!

\Maex
Re: [Announce] qmail-authentication 0.7.0 -- CRAM-MD5 support added to qmail-remote [ In reply to ]
Hi Markus,

Am Freitag, den 06.08.2010, 17:00 +0200 schrieb Markus Stumpf:
> Hoi Erwin,
>
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:05:07PM +0200, Erwin Hoffmann wrote:
> > Finally, I integrated CRAM-MD5 as additional authentication method into
> > qmail-remote (as required by RFC 4945 for unencrypted SMTP connections).
>
> Can't use CRAM-MD5 as my el cheapo checkpasswd-ldap can't handle it,
> but I took your post as cause to finally have my server behind the DSL line
> send the messages to my mail server via submission and SMTP AUTH (which
> I wanted to do for like 4 years ;-)).
>
> Downloading, applying and compiling the patch with netqmail-1.06, replacing
> the qmail-remote binary and creating the control/authsenders file
> was a matter of 5 minutes and it worked like a charm on the first try.

Glad to hear that!

If you now use additionally TLS encryption, qmail has eventually entered
the 21st century.

regards.
--eh.

--