in /etc/event.d stopped working.

Apparently, /etc/event.d is now obsolete. The new location is
/etc/init and you have to have your filename ending
with .conf extension to make it work.

This is just a heads up to those migrating to FC13 from FC12 or
earlier releases of Fedora Core

--
Regards Manvendra - http://www.indimail.org
RE: Migrating to FC 13 - /etc/event.d no longer works [ In reply to ]
From an email I sent to the list a while ago:

Fedora 9 has changed from sysinit to upstart.
Just for the archives, here's how to get it started.

Quote from
<http://fxp0.org.ua/2006/oct/28/upstart-and-daemontools-ubuntu-edgy-eft/

So everything looked ok after reboot, though later i found that
svscanboot daemon from daemontools package is no longer running (and all
services, which supposed to be run under it, too). The reason of this
was the way it's configured in Ubuntu. Not sure how it is done in Debian
now, but IIRC it was done via rc?.d scripts. In Ubuntu, installer added
this line to inittab:

SV:123456:respawn:/command/svscanboot

The problem is that such thing does not work with upstart. Jobs for
Upstart can be configured in /etc/event.d. I Added small script into
this directory to start svscanboot daemon at boot time:

# svscanboot

start on runlevel-2
start on runlevel-3
start on runlevel-4
start on runlevel-5

stop on shutdown

respawn
exec /command/svscanboot

After this it is only required to start it:

$ sudo initctl start svscanboot
svscanboot (start) running, process 5595 active

Stingray Beach Club
Opening Summer 2010
Touch and hand feed the gentle stingrays!

To buy and print your tickets at home visit www.AdventureAquarium.com

A Herschend Family Entertainment Company