Mailing List Archive

Plesk & qmail
Dear all,

I have the Plesk , But i don't use this qmail, Of course i have started
qmail service,Because i need to sending emial from my sites.I have 700
domain in this plesk.

Our site can't sending mail from their scrips,Even i change 2 script to
other qmail server (change machine), qmail can send email.

Now,I see qmail's log & getting following error for each message :

Sep 11 12:04:02 plesk qmail: 1221122042.694123 starting delivery 294:
msg 2591158 to local 774-mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org

Sep 11 12:04:02 plesk qmail-local-handlers[20169]:
to=mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org
Sep 11 12:04:03 plesk qmail-local-handlers[20169]: cannot reinject
message to 'mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org'

Please help me.....

Yours,

Mohsen
Re: Plesk & qmail [ In reply to ]
Yes

Graham Miller wrote:

> Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
>
>> I have the Plesk , But i don't use this qmail, Of course i have
>> started qmail service,Because i need to sending emial from my sites.I
>>

> By this do you mean that you do not use the incoming email handling of qmail? Do you have a
> separate email server for these domains?

Yes, I use another server for incoming mail.But i wanna use Plesk as SMTP.

>> Our site can't sending mail from their scrips,Even i change 2 script
>> to other qmail server (change machine), qmail can send email.
>>
>> Now,I see qmail's log & getting following error for each message :

>> Sep 11 12:04:02 plesk qmail: 1221122042.694123 starting delivery 294:
>> msg 2591158 to local 774-mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org
>>
>> Sep 11 12:04:02 plesk qmail-local-handlers[20169]:
>> to=mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org
>> Sep 11 12:04:03 plesk qmail-local-handlers[20169]: cannot reinject
>> message to 'mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org'
>>

> Looks like email is setup up for the domain when it should not be.
>
> There would have been more log entries than this. Please show us the entire log entries for the
> mail delivery so we can help a little better.

I tracked my one email that this script send & saw following log :
Sep 11 12:04:02 plesk qmail: 1221122042.694123 starting delivery 294:
msg 2591158 to local 774-mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org
Sep 11 12:04:03 plesk qmail: 1221122043.362735 delivery 294: failure:
This_address_no_longer_accepts_mail./

RE: Plesk & qmail [ In reply to ]
Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> I tracked my one email that this script send & saw following log :
> Sep 11 12:04:02 plesk qmail: 1221122042.694123 starting delivery 294:
> msg 2591158 to local 774-mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org
> Sep 11 12:04:03 plesk qmail: 1221122043.362735 delivery 294: failure:
> This_address_no_longer_accepts_mail./

Turn off mail handling for that domain in Plesk. You will still get outgoing SMTP, but the box
will not treat pahlevanzadeh.org as local and therefore send to whatever server is in the DNS as
the MX record.

Cheers
Graham
Re: Plesk & qmail [ In reply to ]
Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> Graham Miller wrote:
>> By this do you mean that you do not use the incoming email handling
>> of qmail? Do you have a
>> separate email server for these domains?
>>
> Yes, I use another server for incoming mail.But i wanna use Plesk as
> SMTP.
If I am not mistaken, you are using another mail server to handle the
maildirs and you want to set up an smtp service to handle outgoing mail
of the domains of your plesk server.

To me, it looks like under plesk configuration, your qmail-smtp services
treat the domain as local domain, thinking the mailboxes are on the
local server instead of somewhere else on the network.

A quick check that can be done is to try injecting a mail to a remote
server, such as gmail/hotmail, into the qmail queue. If you can pick up
the message from a remote server, it would mean that your qmail-send is
working properly and you should check if your domain appears in
/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts and /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains.

Since you are not using the qmail server to receive mails for the
domains that you are hosting on plesk, those domains should not appear
in 'rcpthosts' and 'virtualdomains'.

Best,
Beda Tse
iSN Network