You can help out by checking-in draft entries for your favorite new features. That way, I can avoid the time consuming curation step and focus on the text, organization, and examples.

I appreciate your help,

Raymond

Re: What's New in Python 3.3 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Raymond Hettinger
<raymond.hettinger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'll soon be starting the edits of Whatsnew for 3.3.
>
> When I did this for 3.2, it took over 150 hours of work to research all the changes. This time there are many more changes, so my previous process won't work (reviewing every "new in 3.3" entry in the docs, every entry in the voluminous Misc/NEWS file, etc).

Thanks for all of this work! And thanks to A.M. Kuchling and everyone
else that goes through the effort to make the "What's new in Python"
documents so great. They are my high level roadmap for re-implementing
in Jython. It would be so much harder without them.

-Frank
Re: What's New in Python 3.3 [ In reply to ]
Does Python 3.3 support cross-compilation? There are two new option
for configure: --host and --build, but it's not mentioned in What's
New in Python 3.3.

Victor
Re: What's New in Python 3.3 [ In reply to ]
On 09.08.2012 01:04, Victor Stinner wrote:
> Does Python 3.3 support cross-compilation? There are two new option
> for configure: --host and --build, but it's not mentioned in What's
> New in Python 3.3.

it does work, but it is only tested for the linux -> linux case. the mingw and
macosx cross builds did require changes, which didn't go into 3.3 before the
first beta release. what is completely missing is the cross build infrastructure
to build third party extensions. so maybe it's a bit early to announce it in the
release notes.

Matthias