=> K/KW/KWILLIAMS/File-Spec-0.88.tar.gz
=> Cwd
=> K/KW/KWILLIAMS/Cwd-2.20.tar.gz
=> File::Spec.
Cannot continue.

--
Alan Burlison
--
Re: Latest File::Spec/CWD have a recursive dependency [ In reply to ]
Hi Alan & Lawrence,

Is this CPAN.pm complaining about the recursive dependency? It's
actually not strictly recursive - File::Spec needs Cwd 2.18, but Cwd
needs *any* version of File::Spec, and the one that came with core perl
will suffice.

It would be nice if CPAN.pm only complained about *unmet* dependencies,
since the dependencies are already satisfied for a Cwd upgrade.

One way to address this in CPAN would be to 'install Cwd' first, then
'install File::Spec'.

I agree it's annoying though, and I'm open to suggestions about how to
address it.

-Ken

Re: Latest File::Spec/CWD have a recursive dependency [ In reply to ]
Thanks Ken - that seems to have worked. I will test it a bit and make
sure. I was using cpan and OS X 10.3.4
Thanks again,
Lawrence Furnival