Mailing List Archive

Glance image issue
I am working through the instructions for Essex and have run into an issue.
I am not sure if the issue is related to a missing piece of documentation
or if my server is setup incorrectly. I've been very diligent in following
each step of the instructions to be sure everything has been entered
correctly.

The specific PDF I am using is from here:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/content/images-verifying-install.html

When I execute the command to add the tty-linux-kernel, I get the following
output:

Uploading image 'tty-linux-kernel'
Failed to add image. Got error:
The request returned 500 Internal Server Error

The response body:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eventlet/wsgi.py", line 336, in
handle_one_response
result = self.application(self.environ, start_response)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/dec.py", line 147, in
__call__
resp = self.call_func(req, *args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/dec.py", line 210, in
call_func
return self.func(req, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glance/common/wsgi.py", line 279,
in __call__
response = req.get_response(self.application)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/request.py", line 1086, in
get_response
application, catch_exc_info=False)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/request.py", line 1055, in
call_application
app_iter = application(self.environ, start_response)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/dec.py", line 147, in
__call__
resp = self.call_func(req, *args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/webob/dec.py", line 210, in
call_func
return self.func(req, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glance/common/wsgi.py", line 276,
in __call__
response = self.process_request(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glance/common/context.py", line
112, in process_request
raise exception.NotAuthenticated()
NotAuthenticated: You are not authenticated.

Note: Your image metadata may still be in the registry, but the image's
status will likely be 'killed'.
========================================================================================================[100%]
41.7M/s, ETA 0h 0m 0s

The only deviation I made from the documentation was to back out the
glance-registry-paste.ini & glance-api-paste.ini lines relating to
authentication. I was getting an error in my syslog where the two services
were spawning to many restarts and were being killed. As soon as I backed
out those changes, the services restarted and stayed running.

I've verified I am running Glance 2012.1 just as the documentation states
that I should be. The OS itself is Ubuntu precise (development branch).

Any assistance in resolving these errors will be greatly appreciated. Thank
you.
--
Chris Mutchler
chris@leibnizcreations.com
Re: Glance image issue [ In reply to ]
If you read the last line of the stack trace, you will notice the error is
clear:

> NotAuthenticated: You are not authenticated.

I would suggest re-doing the changes to the api-paste files, rather than
ignoring those steps ;)

Thanks,
Kiall