Comments, feedback, bug reports and suggestions are more than welcome.

Enjoy
...Juerg
Re: Announcing Dwarf - OpenStack API on top of libvirt/kvm [ In reply to ]
Cool idea!

-S

________________________________
From: Juerg Haefliger [juergh@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 7:00 AM
To: openstack@lists.openstack.org Openstack
Subject: [Openstack] Announcing Dwarf - OpenStack API on top of libvirt/kvm

Hi all,

I have this little pet project of mine that reached a state where it might be useful to others.

Dwarf is a simple service, that provides support for a subset of the OpenStack API on top of a locally running libvirt daemon (with KVM in the back). The main driver for this is to have a somewhat simple and isolated environment to test OpenStack guest images and as such, it supports importing images and keypairs and booting instances and some more.

There are lots of restrictions and short-comings and bugs too but if you want to check it out, the source is here (along with some more information): https://github.com/juergh/dwarf/

Pre-built packages for Ubuntu Precise and Saucy are available from my PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~juergh/+archive/dwarf

Re: Announcing Dwarf - OpenStack API on top of libvirt/kvm [ In reply to ]
Very neat! Could see this as being a nice alternative to a full Devstack
install

Re: Announcing Dwarf - OpenStack API on top of libvirt/kvm [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:00 AM, Juerg Haefliger <juergh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have this little pet project of mine that reached a state where it might
> be useful to others.
>
> Dwarf is a simple service, that provides support for a subset of the
> OpenStack API on top of a locally running libvirt daemon (with KVM in the
> back). The main driver for this is to have a somewhat simple and isolated
> environment to test OpenStack guest images and as such, it supports
> importing images and keypairs and booting instances and some more.
>
> There are lots of restrictions and short-comings and bugs too but if you
> want to check it out, the source is here (along with some more information):
> https://github.com/juergh/dwarf/
>
> Pre-built packages for Ubuntu Precise and Saucy are available from my PPA:
> https://launchpad.net/~juergh/+archive/dwarf
>
> Comments, feedback, bug reports and suggestions are more than welcome.

Hi Juerg,

I wrote a blog post about using Dwarf here:
http://serverascode.com/2014/07/07/dwarf-openstack.html

I think it's a lot of fun and a good way to learn a bit about
openstack apis, so thanks for putting dwarf together. :)

Thanks,
Curtis.

> Enjoy
> ...Juerg

Twitter: @serverascode
Blog: serverascode.com

Re: Announcing Dwarf - OpenStack API on top of libvirt/kvm [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Curtis <serverascode@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:00 AM, Juerg Haefliger <juergh@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have this little pet project of mine that reached a state where it
might
> > be useful to others.
> >
> > Dwarf is a simple service, that provides support for a subset of the
> > OpenStack API on top of a locally running libvirt daemon (with KVM in
the
> > back). The main driver for this is to have a somewhat simple and
isolated
> > environment to test OpenStack guest images and as such, it supports
> > importing images and keypairs and booting instances and some more.
> >
> > There are lots of restrictions and short-comings and bugs too but if you
> > want to check it out, the source is here (along with some more
information):
> > https://github.com/juergh/dwarf/
> >
> > Pre-built packages for Ubuntu Precise and Saucy are available from my
PPA:
> > https://launchpad.net/~juergh/+archive/dwarf
> >
> > Comments, feedback, bug reports and suggestions are more than welcome.
>
> Hi Juerg,
>
> I wrote a blog post about using Dwarf here:
> http://serverascode.com/2014/07/07/dwarf-openstack.html

Nice! Thanks.

> I think it's a lot of fun and a good way to learn a bit about
> openstack apis, so thanks for putting dwarf together. :)

Good to hear that somebody finds it useful :-) Don't hesitate to file bugs
against it...

...Juerg