Hi All!

Wondering if there is a way to prevent devstack from creating a demo project and just leave the admin project as the default project?

Thanks!
Re: Prevent Devstack from creating demo project. [ In reply to ]
I also have same question. The demo project make user confuse.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Jake G. <dj_dark_junglist@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> Wondering if there is a way to prevent devstack from creating a demo
> project and just leave the admin project as the default project?
>
> Thanks!

Shake Chen
Re: Prevent Devstack from creating demo project. [ In reply to ]
Hi Jake,

devstack create demo user source code sit in
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/lib/keystone#L239

you can comment all the codes about 'demo' user.

2013/7/30 Jake G. <dj_dark_junglist@yahoo.com>

> Hi All!
>
> Wondering if there is a way to prevent devstack from creating a demo
> project and just leave the admin project as the default project?
>
> Thanks!

Best regards,
gtt
Re: Prevent Devstack from creating demo project. [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Shake Chen <shake.chen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also have same question. The demo project make user confuse.

Users? Please don't tell me if you actually have users on a DevStack setup...

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Jake G. <dj_dark_junglist@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Wondering if there is a way to prevent devstack from creating a demo
>> project and just leave the admin project as the default project?

Edit them out of lib/keystone's create_keystone_accounts() function.
Or create a local.sh script and remove them there.

The demo project is used in the DevStack exercises and to illustrate
how to create a simple project with roles.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer@gmail.com

Re: Prevent Devstack from creating demo project. [ In reply to ]
You can add the following line to your local.sh file:
keystone tenant-delete demo

local.sh is executed automatically at the successful conclusion of stack.sh.
It'll take care of demo project.

Re: Prevent Devstack from creating demo project. [ In reply to ]
I noticed that networking is half configured for demo and half for admin.
Anyone know why this is and is it possible to prevent this?
I tried commenting out the demo user in the code but then I am left with the half of the networking that is created for admin only.

Thanks

________________________________

Re: Prevent Devstack from creating demo project. [ In reply to ]
Totally off topic for the thread, but likely worth pointing out.

DevStack is not intended for standing up a production cloud.

I would actually go as far saying that it's dangerous to use DevStack
for a production cloud. DevStack is filled with `rm -rf *`, `DROP
DATABASE` etc etc.

So, I'm not sure which users could be getting confused!

Thanks,
Kiall

Re: Prevent Devstack from creating demo project. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Mac Innes, Kiall <kiall@hp.com> wrote:
> Totally off topic for the thread, but likely worth pointing out.

I don't consider this off-topic at all, it is important that this is
well-understood.

> DevStack is not intended for standing up a production cloud.

+++++++

Support-sounding questions on the non-development list don't give me
warm fuzzy feelings that people listen to (or are aware of) this
advice. There are other options listed in
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Get_OpenStack that are more suitable
for operationally oriented (ie, have other users) installations.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer@gmail.com