Mailing List Archive

[Swift] Swift3 Github pages
Hello Fujita,

I sent you a documentation pull req that should generate the sphinx
doc, It would be nice to generate some static html page of the
documentation as what Greg has done for his projects for example :

http://gholt.github.com/swauth/

This is something done by the github project owner see

http://pages.github.com or http://help.github.com/pages/

for how to do that.

I have sent already the gerrit review to remove swift3 from swift :

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/7628/

and reference your repository http://github.com/fujita/swift3 in
associated project.

Thanks,
Chmouel.

Re: [Swift] Swift3 Github pages [ In reply to ]
Gentlemen,

We have a feature for swift3 middleware that we'd like to propose for
merge. How we can do this now, when it is split into associated project?
How has the procedure changed?

--
Best reagards,
Oleg Gelbukh

Re: [Swift] Swift3 Github pages [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Mon, 21 May 2012 18:01:04 +0200
Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel@chmouel.com> wrote:

> I sent you a documentation pull req that should generate the sphinx
> doc, It would be nice to generate some static html page of the
> documentation as what Greg has done for his projects for example :
>
> http://gholt.github.com/swauth/
>
> This is something done by the github project owner see
>
> http://pages.github.com or http://help.github.com/pages/
>
> for how to do that.

Thanks, before pulling the request, I would like to discuss the usage
of github pages and wiki. Which do we want? Or both?

Re: [Swift] Swift3 Github pages [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Tue, 22 May 2012 00:33:50 +0400
Oleg Gelbukh <ogelbukh@mirantis.com> wrote:

> We have a feature for swift3 middleware that we'd like to propose for
> merge.

Nice.

> How we can do this now, when it is split into associated project?
> How has the procedure changed?

I'm not sure that there is official procedure for associated
projects. About swift3, just sending a pull request or patches is fine
by me for now.

Re: [Swift] Swift3 Github pages [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:55 AM, FUJITA Tomonori
<fujita.tomonori@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Thanks, before pulling the request, I would like to discuss the usage
> of github pages and wiki. Which do we want? Or both?

I think we should favour as much possible RST documentation to follow
what we have in core swift. The github pages feature is just a nice
landing page for users that list most of the information about the
project (i.e: latest release, documentation, tarball download etc..)

Chmouel.

Re: [Swift] Swift3 Github pages [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Oleg Gelbukh <ogelbukh@mirantis.com> wrote:
> We have a feature for swift3 middleware that we'd like to propose for merge.
> How we can do this now, when it is split into associated project? How has
> the procedure changed?

I would expect this is going to be a typical Github (i.e: pull
requests with multiple commits) workflow instead of a OpenStack gerrit
workflow. This is maintained by fujita who's deciding what should go
in or not.

Chmouel.

Re: [Swift] Swift3 Github pages [ In reply to ]
Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Oleg Gelbukh <ogelbukh@mirantis.com> wrote:
>> We have a feature for swift3 middleware that we'd like to propose for merge.
>> How we can do this now, when it is split into associated project? How has
>> the procedure changed?
>
> I would expect this is going to be a typical Github (i.e: pull
> requests with multiple commits) workflow instead of a OpenStack gerrit
> workflow. This is maintained by fujita who's deciding what should go
> in or not.

Note that if at some point that doesn't scale, there is always the
option to use stackforge instead, which is the Gerrit instance that the
CI team set up for non-core OpenStack projects.

Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack