I have a question about nova-scheduler. I believe that, in order to have
viable values supplied to the scheduler filters, it gathers the most recent
state from each of the compute host. However, i've read through the
documentation and haven't found any explicit statement which confirm my
suspicious.

Long story short, is this the behavior of nova-scheduler?

Regards,

Leander
Re: [nova-scheduler] Question [ In reply to ]
Yes.

By default, once in two minutes host's capabilities are refreshed in
nova-scheduler. These capabilities are then used along with data from
DB to form current host capabilities. After that, resources used by
each instance on the host are subtracted from it. The result
containing the actual amounts for free resources is then passed to
filters and cost functions.

Kind regards, Yuriy.

Re: [nova-scheduler] Question [ In reply to ]
hi,
see my blog post: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/e93514d3-c4f0-4aa0-8844-497f370090f5/entry/openstack_nova_scheduler_and_its_algorithm27?lang=en"]https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/e93514d3-c4f0-4aa0-8844-497f370090f5/entry/openstack_nova_scheduler_and_its_algorithm27?lang=en
you will have a good understand of the nova scheduler.

enjoy it.

Post to : openstack@lists.launchpad.net