Mailing List Archive

Compute State Machine diagram ... (orchestration? docs?)
Here's a little diagram I did up this morning for the required vm_state / task_state transitions for compute api operations.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/166877/PowerStates.pdf

Might be useful to the orchestration effort (or debugging in general)

Cheers,
Sandy

Re: Compute State Machine diagram ... (orchestration? docs?) [ In reply to ]
Hi Sandy:

On May 2, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Sandy Walsh wrote:

> Here's a little diagram I did up this morning for the required vm_state / task_state transitions for compute api operations.
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/166877/PowerStates.pdf
>
> Might be useful to the orchestration effort (or debugging in general)

Nice!

I'd like to add those diagrams to the Nova developer documentation that lives at nova.openstack.org. Can you export them as two png files?

Take care,

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein
Lead Architect - Cloud Services
Re: Compute State Machine diagram ... (orchestration? docs?) [ In reply to ]
Even better, here's the Open/LibreOffice Impress original. Have at it!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/166877/PowerStates.odp

(Added a walk-thru of run_instance() as well)

Cheers,
Sandy

________________________________
Here's a little diagram I did up this morning for the required vm_state / task_state transitions for compute api operations.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/166877/PowerStates.pdf

Might be useful to the orchestration effort (or debugging in general)

Nice!

I'd like to add those diagrams to the Nova developer documentation that lives at nova.openstack.org<http://nova.openstack.org>. Can you export them as two png files?

Take care,

Lorin
--
www.nimbisservices.com<https://www.nimbisservices.com/>
Re: Compute State Machine diagram ... (orchestration? docs?) [ In reply to ]
I added these to the Nova developer docs here: https://review.openstack.org/7177

Take care,

Lorin