Please let me know how to effectively modify nova.conf so that the changes take effect (I am looking forward to change the network manager...)

Thanks!

Salman
Re: nova.conf query [ In reply to ]
devstack runs all nova services in a screen backgroud.you can sudo
stack,then screen -S stack,you can see all services here.what you
need do is change the nova.conf then stop the releative services,then
start it again.

Re: nova.conf query [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:17:55 +0300, Salman Malik <salmanmk@live.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A quick question regarding nova.conf: How can I modify nova.conf and get
> it to work with devstack. The problem that I am facing is after
> modifying nova.conf, I have to reboot so as to restart services. But
> when I reboot, devstack needs to be reinstalled all over again using
> stack.sh and in the process it rewrites /etc/nova/nova.conf.

You can restart services without reboot like this

sudo service nova-compute restart

> Also according to documentation we can set flags in nova.conf using
> --<flag_name>=<flag_value> format. Is that an obsolete format ? (because
> the nova.conf that devstack creates don't have any -- in it).

Essex has new format for nova.conf without dashes.

Re: nova.conf query [ In reply to ]
Yaguang,

I think you shoud type screen -x stack

If -S, I believe a new stack screen session would start.

Also I remember that devstack runs its services on the account you ran
stack.sh by default in the recent versions.

LZY

Re: nova.conf query [ In reply to ]
sorry,it is screen -x stack,run this in the account you installed devstack.

Re: nova.conf query [ In reply to ]
Hi Salman:

Can you send me a link to any docs that have the old --flag format?

Lorin

Sent from my iPad

Re: nova.conf query [ In reply to ]
Here is one example, that I actually intended to configure:

http://docs.openstack.org/incubation/openstack-network/admin/content/EnablingQuantumManager-d1e453.html

But there are plenty out there I guess...
CC: openstack@lists.launchpad.net

Re: nova.conf query [ In reply to ]
Thank you both. I will give it a try and let you know.

Re: nova.conf query [ In reply to ]
On 04/16/2012 06:17 AM, Salman Malik wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A quick question regarding nova.conf: How can I modify nova.conf and get
> it to work with devstack. The problem that I am facing is after
> modifying nova.conf, I have to reboot so as to restart services. But
> when I reboot, devstack needs to be reinstalled all over again using
> stack.sh and in the process it rewrites /etc/nova/nova.conf.

devstack supports an EXTRA_OPTS flag in it's localrc that will let you
set additional values in there. You can set more than one flag by using
bash arrays, i.e.:

EXTRA_OPTS=(logdir=/var/log/nova auto_assign_floating_ip=True)

If you are using devstack, it's quite worth reading through the script
as well. It's pretty well documented, and there are lots of gems in
there like that.

-Sean

--
Sean Dague