do that. I use diablo release.
Any help or doc pointer will be greatly appreciated.

Xin

Re: control user quota [ In reply to ]
You can set quotas per tenant. If you have Horizon installed may be you can
modify quotas in the System Panel.

--
Diego Parrilla
<http://www.stackops.com/>*CEO*

*

Re: control user quota [ In reply to ]
nova does not support it ever,you can set the flag "quota_instances"
to control the total num instances a tenant can create ,the num of
instances concurrently created is surely to be less than this quota .

Re: control user quota [ In reply to ]
> I try to assign quota to individual users, to control how many
> instances
> each user can run concurrently. But I don't see a doc describing how
> do that. I use diablo release.
> Any help or doc pointer will be greatly appreciated.

Quotas apply at the nova project/tenant granularity, as opposed to an individual user.

Project-specific quotas may be set via the nova CLI, e.g.

$ nova quota-update <tenant_ID> --instances=50

otherwise the configured default quota is inherited.

Since you're still on diablo, the new quota classes mechanism would not be relevant.

Cheers,
Eoghan

Re: control user quota [ In reply to ]
I did a quick test in Essex .
The process almost same as before(Cactus/Diablo)

1. Manage Quota for a specified "Tenant" from nova-manage .
2. Manage Default Quota parameters from nova.conf with several flags
3. Hacking Nova source code quota.py for default values.

Hope it helps.

Xin Zhao <xzhao@bnl.gov> ©ó 2012¦~4¤ë12¤é¤U¤È10:27 ¼g¹D¡G

> Hello,
>
> I try to assign quota to individual users, to control how many instances
> each user can run concurrently. But I don't see a doc describing how to do
> that. I use diablo release.
> Any help or doc pointer will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Xin

+Hugo Kuo+
tonytkdk@gmail.com
+ <tonytkdk@gmail.com>886 935004793
Re: control user quota [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 11:10 -0400, Eoghan Glynn wrote:
> Project-specific quotas may be set via the nova CLI, e.g.
>
> $ nova quota-update <tenant_ID> --instances=50
>
> otherwise the configured default quota is inherited.
>
> Since you're still on diablo, the new quota classes mechanism would
> not be relevant.

I should also point out that "nova quota-update" did not exist in the
diablo release of python-novaclient…
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell@rackspace.com>

Re: control user quota [ In reply to ]
nova-manage
http://nova.openstack.org/runnova/nova.manage.html

nova-manage project quota <projectname>

example :
#list xin-project 's quota
$>nova-manage project quota xin-project
Will return several key/value

#modify a key with new value

$>nova-manage project quota xin-project --key=??? --value=???

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/quota.py

For configuration flags please refer to the above link of quota.py

Xin Zhao <xzhao@bnl.gov> ©ó 2012¦~4¤ë13¤é¤W¤È12:15 ¼g¹D¡G

Re: control user quota [ In reply to ]
>>"You can set quotas per tenant"
+1 there is no quota for user.

nova-manage example with Diablo Openstack.
#nova-manage project quota ACME

metadata_items: 128
instances: 10
injected_file_content_bytes: 10240
injected_files: 5
volumes: 10
gigabytes: 1000
cores: 20
ram: 51200
floating_ips: 10

#nova-manage project quota ACME --key=instances --value=7

metadata_items: 128
instances: 7
injected_file_content_bytes: 10240
injected_files: 5
volumes: 10
gigabytes: 1000
cores: 20
ram: 51200
floating_ips: 10

default values you can find
in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/quota.py

flags.DEFINE_integer('quota_instances', 10,
'number of instances allowed per project')
flags.DEFINE_integer('quota_cores', 20,
'number of instance cores allowed per project')
flags.DEFINE_integer('quota_ram', 50 * 1024,
'megabytes of instance ram allowed per project')
flags.DEFINE_integer('quota_volumes', 10,
'number of volumes allowed per project')
flags.DEFINE_integer('quota_gigabytes', 1000,
'number of volume gigabytes allowed per project')
flags.DEFINE_integer('quota_floating_ips', 10,
'number of floating ips allowed per project')
flags.DEFINE_integer('quota_metadata_items', 128,
'number of metadata items allowed per instance')
flags.DEFINE_integer('quota_max_injected_files', 5,
'number of injected files allowed')
flags.DEFINE_integer('quota_max_injected_file_content_bytes', 10 * 1024,
'number of bytes allowed per injected file')
flags.DEFINE_integer('quota_max_injected_file_path_bytes', 255,
'number of bytes allowed per injected file path')

Anton Haldin