Mailing List Archive

ntop-3.4-pre3
Hi All,

I am trying to install ntop-3.4-pre3 on centos 5.4, I have libcap installed
but still get the following error when running ./autogen.sh - If anyone has
encountered and resolved this issue please could you advise - thanks.

checking for pcap_lookupdev in -lpcap... no

*** FATAL ERROR ***

It looks that you don't have the libpcap distribution installed.

Download, compile and, optionally, install it.

When finished please re-run this program.

You can download the latest source tarball at http://www.tcpdump.org/

configure: error: The LBL Packet Capture Library, libpcap, was not found!

Kind regards

Grant Pasley

Xtranet Internet Services

office: 0861 555 666

voip: 087 150 0900

fax: 0866 882 528

cell: 083 304 4450

<http://www.xtranet.co.za/> www.xtranet.co.za
Re: ntop-3.4-pre3 [ In reply to ]
You MAY need the development package of libpcap. Also, check the configure options and see if you can specify the location of libpcap.

www.xtranet.co.za<http://www.xtranet.co.za/>