Mailing List Archive

want to access the mem mapped PF_RING ring in user space
hi,

plz tell me how i can access the mem mapped circular PF_RING from a user
space program ... in the sample program pfcount.c i see that the function
dummyPacketProcess() lists stats for all packets captured by PF_RING one by
one. Instead of manipulating individual packets i want my user space
program to poll and read from the PR_RING struct in the kernel ....as all
PF_RING documentation says that this ring is mem mapped from kernel to user
space.

P.S DNA is not an option for me because i need to employ in-kernel
filtering and i need to access packet payload. but one packet at a time
will be very inefficient.

regards
momina