Mailing List Archive

Successfully compiled ntop 3.1 on Windows/MingW
Hi,
I just managed to compile ntop 3.1 (fecthed from CVS
on Aug 5th) on MingW. I had to make very small changes
to the code and hack the makefile; is anyone
interested in this? If yes, I'm more than willing to
contribute.
My environment:

Windows XP PRO SP2
MinGW 3.1.0-1
gdbm 1.8.0
gdchart 0.94c
gd 1.8.3
libpng 1.2.4
zlib 1.2.1
WinPcap 3.1 Beta 4

ntop is running fine, sans IPv6 and OpenSLL - I chose
not to use those. Regards,

Georger

RE: Successfully compiled ntop 3.1 on Windows/MingW [ In reply to ]
Sure...

? - why bother with gdchart 0.94c - that hasn't been used for over a year
now...

-----Burton

Re: Successfully compiled ntop 3.1 on Windows/MingW [ In reply to ]
Just recompiled with the just-release WinPcap 3.1
(final, not beta) and OpenSSL 0.9.8. Now it only lacks
IPv6.
Anyone have an FTP where I could upload my ZIP? It's
7.1 MB in size.
Burton, I'm not replying directly because I was
receiving digest messages, sorry - I have configure
individual emails now. About gdchart being dumped, I
took a moron's approach to compiling ntop on MingW: I
started from Jac Engel's guide
(http://lists.ntop.org/pipermail/ntop/2003-March/004688.html)
and filled in the gaps, one by one. I only added
stuff, and didn't remove anything. Sorry. Regards,

Georger

RE: Re: Successfully compiled ntop 3.1 on Windows/MingW [ In reply to ]
Well, why don't you continue the "moron's" approach to it's illogical
conclusion? That is, update docs/BUILD-xxx.txt as appropriate and send it
to me (off list) for cvs commit?

-----Burton

RE: Re: Successfully compiled ntop 3.1 on Windows/MingW [ In reply to ]
I have written the build document and I'm going to
generate diffs for you. Meanwhile, I have made my
files available at
http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=420840. Regards,

Georger

RE: Re: Successfully compiled ntop 3.1 on Windows/MingW [ In reply to ]