Mailing List Archive

Twitter down
Looks like their networks are not announced anymore. From 4 providers,
we don't see any network matching 104.244.42.1, 104.244.42.65,
104.244.42.129 or 104.244.42.193 (A records for twitter.com)

Wonder what happened to them...
_______________________________________________
Outages mailing list
Outages@outages.org
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
Confirmed from Oakland, CA via Comcast home.

On Sunday, November 6, 2016, Terry Hardie via Outages <outages@outages.org>
wrote:

> Looks like their networks are not announced anymore. From 4 providers,
> we don't see any network matching 104.244.42.1, 104.244.42.65,
> 104.244.42.129 or 104.244.42.193 (A records for twitter.com)
>
> Wonder what happened to them...
> _______________________________________________
> Outages mailing list
> Outages@outages.org <javascript:;>
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
>


--
Robbie Trencheny (@robbie <http://twitter.com/robbie>)
925-884-3728
robbie.io
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
Saw the same from here in Jo'burg, but it just came back a few seconds
ago...

Mark.

On 7/Nov/16 08:06, Robbie Trencheny via Outages wrote:
> Confirmed from Oakland, CA via Comcast home.
>
> On Sunday, November 6, 2016, Terry Hardie via Outages
> <outages@outages.org <mailto:outages@outages.org>> wrote:
>
> Looks like their networks are not announced anymore. From 4 providers,
> we don't see any network matching 104.244.42.1, 104.244.42.65,
> 104.244.42.129 or 104.244.42.193 (A records for twitter.com
> <http://twitter.com>)
>
> Wonder what happened to them...
> _______________________________________________
> Outages mailing list
> Outages@outages.org <javascript:;>
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
> <https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages>
>
>
>
> --
> Robbie Trencheny (@robbie <http://twitter.com/robbie>)
> 925-884-3728
> robbie.io <http://robbie.io>
>
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
>show ip bgp 104.244.42.0/24
% Network not in table

No routes present...

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 04:35 PM, Terry Hardie via Outages wrote:
> Looks like their networks are not announced anymore. From 4 providers,
> we don't see any network matching 104.244.42.1, 104.244.42.65,
> 104.244.42.129 or 104.244.42.193 (A records for twitter.com)
_______________________________________________
Outages mailing list
Outages@outages.org
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
Seeing announcements for their networks now, but still not reachable.

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 10:12 PM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka@seacom.mu> wrote:
> Saw the same from here in Jo'burg, but it just came back a few seconds
> ago...
>
> Mark.
>
>
> On 7/Nov/16 08:06, Robbie Trencheny via Outages wrote:
>
> Confirmed from Oakland, CA via Comcast home.
>
> On Sunday, November 6, 2016, Terry Hardie via Outages <outages@outages.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Looks like their networks are not announced anymore. From 4 providers,
>> we don't see any network matching 104.244.42.1, 104.244.42.65,
>> 104.244.42.129 or 104.244.42.193 (A records for twitter.com)
>>
>> Wonder what happened to them...
>> _______________________________________________
>> Outages mailing list
>> Outages@outages.org
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
>
>
>
> --
> Robbie Trencheny (@robbie)
> 925-884-3728
> robbie.io
>
>
_______________________________________________
Outages mailing list
Outages@outages.org
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
Its starting to come back
Now: https://pulse.turbobytes.com/results/58201b18ecbe404c24005f0a/
Few minutes ago :
https://pulse.turbobytes.com/results/582019e9ecbe404c24005f01/

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 1:13 PM Mark Tinka via Outages <outages@outages.org>
wrote:

> Saw the same from here in Jo'burg, but it just came back a few seconds
> ago...
>
>
> Mark.
>
>
> On 7/Nov/16 08:06, Robbie Trencheny via Outages wrote:
>
> Confirmed from Oakland, CA via Comcast home.
>
> On Sunday, November 6, 2016, Terry Hardie via Outages <outages@outages.org>
> wrote:
>
> Looks like their networks are not announced anymore. From 4 providers,
> we don't see any network matching 104.244.42.1, 104.244.42.65,
> 104.244.42.129 or 104.244.42.193 (A records for twitter.com)
>
> Wonder what happened to them...
> _______________________________________________
> Outages mailing list
> Outages@outages.org
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
>
>
>
> --
> Robbie Trencheny (@robbie <http://twitter.com/robbie>)
> 925-884-3728
> robbie.io
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Outages mailing list
> Outages@outages.org
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
>
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
Networks are back now, but quite some packet loss. Also, Comcast in
norcal goes via Level3 to Twitter in London. They are also announcing
direct to NTT which seems to get served locally. So, they're not quite
out of the woods yet.

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Joseph B via Outages
<outages@outages.org> wrote:
>
>>show ip bgp 104.244.42.0/24
> % Network not in table
>
> No routes present...
>
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 04:35 PM, Terry Hardie via Outages wrote:
>> Looks like their networks are not announced anymore. From 4 providers,
>> we don't see any network matching 104.244.42.1, 104.244.42.65,
>> 104.244.42.129 or 104.244.42.193 (A records for twitter.com)
> _______________________________________________
> Outages mailing list
> Outages@outages.org
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
_______________________________________________
Outages mailing list
Outages@outages.org
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
Some hackers group claim in twitter they done the DDoS attack which cause
the BGP to malfunction. I'm not sure about the truth behind that story..
Any one have any idea ??

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Terry Hardie via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> Networks are back now, but quite some packet loss. Also, Comcast in
> norcal goes via Level3 to Twitter in London. They are also announcing
> direct to NTT which seems to get served locally. So, they're not quite
> out of the woods yet.
>
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Joseph B via Outages
> <outages@outages.org> wrote:
> >
> >>show ip bgp 104.244.42.0/24
> > % Network not in table
> >
> > No routes present...
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 04:35 PM, Terry Hardie via Outages wrote:
> >> Looks like their networks are not announced anymore. From 4 providers,
> >> we don't see any network matching 104.244.42.1, 104.244.42.65,
> >> 104.244.42.129 or 104.244.42.193 (A records for twitter.com)
> > _______________________________________________
> > Outages mailing list
> > Outages@outages.org
> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
> _______________________________________________
> Outages mailing list
> Outages@outages.org
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
>



--
--
________´$$$$`_____________________________,,,_
_______´$$$$$$$`_________________________´$$$`
________`$$$$$$$`______,,________,,_______´$$$$´
_________`$$$$$$$`____´$$`_____´$$`____´$$$$$´
__________`$$$$$$$`_´$$$$$`_´$$$$$`__´$$$$$$$´
___________`$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_´$$$$$$$´_
____________`$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$`´$$$$$$´_
___,,,,,,______`$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$´_
_´$$$$$`____`$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$´_
´$$$$$$$$$`´$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$´_
´$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$´_
___`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$_$$$$$$´_
______`$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$__$$_$$$$$$_$$´_
_______`$$$$$$$$$$$$,___,$$$$,_____,$$$$$´_
_________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_
__________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_
____________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_
_______________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_

~~( ŊëŌ )~~
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 03:19:22PM +0530,
Methsri Wickramarathna via Outages <outages@outages.org> wrote
a message of 145 lines which said:

> Some hackers group claim in twitter

URL?
_______________________________________________
Outages mailing list
Outages@outages.org
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 10:05:41PM -0800,
Terry Hardie via Outages <outages@outages.org> wrote
a message of 9 lines which said:

> Looks like their networks are not announced anymore. From 4
> providers, we don't see any network matching 104.244.42.1,
> 104.244.42.65, 104.244.42.129 or 104.244.42.193 (A records for
> twitter.com)

Also, BGPstream (great service) noticed it:

https://bgpstream.com/event/65233
_______________________________________________
Outages mailing list
Outages@outages.org
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
On 2016-11-07 01:49, Methsri Wickramarathna via Outages wrote:
> Some hackers group claim in twitter they done the DDoS attack which
> cause the BGP to malfunction. I'm not sure about the truth behind that
> story.. Any one have any idea ??

VP of Engineering at Twitter tweeted the following, so that claim is
unsubstantiated:
https://twitter.com/mazdakh/status/795684646004527104

lae
_______________________________________________
Outages mailing list
Outages@outages.org
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
https://twitter.com/NewWorldHacking/status/795530737407574016

They never provided any proof though

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 2:14 AM, Musee Ullah <systems@lae.is> wrote:

> On 2016-11-07 01:49, Methsri Wickramarathna via Outages wrote:
>
>> Some hackers group claim in twitter they done the DDoS attack which
>> cause the BGP to malfunction. I'm not sure about the truth behind that
>> story.. Any one have any idea ??
>>
>
> VP of Engineering at Twitter tweeted the following, so that claim is
> unsubstantiated:
> https://twitter.com/mazdakh/status/795684646004527104
>
> lae
>



--
--
________´$$$$`_____________________________,,,_
_______´$$$$$$$`_________________________´$$$`
________`$$$$$$$`______,,________,,_______´$$$$´
_________`$$$$$$$`____´$$`_____´$$`____´$$$$$´
__________`$$$$$$$`_´$$$$$`_´$$$$$`__´$$$$$$$´
___________`$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_´$$$$$$$´_
____________`$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$`´$$$$$$´_
___,,,,,,______`$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$´_
_´$$$$$`____`$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$´_
´$$$$$$$$$`´$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$´_
´$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$´_
___`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$_$$$$$$´_
______`$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$__$$_$$$$$$_$$´_
_______`$$$$$$$$$$$$,___,$$$$,_____,$$$$$´_
_________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_
__________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_
____________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_
_______________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_

~~( ŊëŌ )~~
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
Not providing further detail here, but as someone whose pager went off during the incident, I can confirm this was *not* any sort of attack.

-Chris

> On Nov 7, 2016, at 9:41 PM, Methsri Wickramarathna via Outages <outages@outages.org> wrote:
>
> https://twitter.com/NewWorldHacking/status/795530737407574016 <https://twitter.com/NewWorldHacking/status/795530737407574016>
>
> They never provided any proof though
>
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 2:14 AM, Musee Ullah <systems@lae.is <mailto:systems@lae.is>> wrote:
> On 2016-11-07 01:49, Methsri Wickramarathna via Outages wrote:
> Some hackers group claim in twitter they done the DDoS attack which
> cause the BGP to malfunction. I'm not sure about the truth behind that
> story.. Any one have any idea ??
>
> VP of Engineering at Twitter tweeted the following, so that claim is unsubstantiated:
> https://twitter.com/mazdakh/status/795684646004527104 <https://twitter.com/mazdakh/status/795684646004527104>
>
> lae
>
>
>
> --
> --
> ________´$$$$`_____________________________,,,_
> _______´$$$$$$$`_________________________´$$$`
> ________`$$$$$$$`______,,________,,_______´$$$$´
> _________`$$$$$$$`____´$$`_____´$$`____´$$$$$´
> __________`$$$$$$$`_´$$$$$`_´$$$$$`__´$$$$$$$´
> ___________`$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_´$$$$$$$´_
> ____________`$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$`´$$$$$$´_
> ___,,,,,,______`$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$´_
> _´$$$$$`____`$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$´_
> ´$$$$$$$$$`´$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$´_
> ´$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$´_
> ___`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$$$_$$$$$$_$$$$$$´_
> ______`$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$$__$$_$$$$$$_$$´_
> _______`$$$$$$$$$$$$,___,$$$$,_____,$$$$$´_
> _________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_
> __________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_
> ____________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_
> _______________`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$´_
>
> ~~( ŊëŌ )~~
> _______________________________________________
> Outages mailing list
> Outages@outages.org <mailto:Outages@outages.org>
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages <https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages>
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
Confirm in south america. Many mass media are talking about this r/n.


-



*Cristian Beckerle*
Director de Tecnología y Desarrollos
www.beewh.com


On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:07 PM Sergio Castell via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> Right after the Reddit outage seemed to be over here, I'm seeing Twitter
> is also having problems, experiencing them in West Europe right now. Could
> it be a targeted attack to these companies?
> _______________________________________________
> Outages mailing list
> Outages@outages.org
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
>
Re: Twitter down [ In reply to ]
"Something is technically wrong." And we all know that technically wrong is the best kind of wrong.

Here is the beginning of the general press coverage about this.

https://www.cnet.com/news/twitter-is-down/#ftag=COS-05-10aaa0i

Follow ups to -discussion please. And everybody's been very good about avoiding the obvious political jokes so far. Let us please keep it that way.

Cheers,
-- jr '</admin>' a

On July 11, 2019 3:19:41 PM EDT, Ryan Kearney via Outages <outages@outages.org> wrote:
>It's confirmed down on their status page. We don't need 100 emails of
>"down here too" now.
>
>https://status.twitterstat.us/
>
>
>On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:17 PM Dj Padzensky via Outages
><outages@outages.org> wrote:
>>
>>
>> US, Seattle Area… I’m getting a login page, but then it goes to a
>“Something is technically wrong” page.
>>
>> —Dj
>>
>> On Jul 11, 2019, at 12:12 PM, Kévin GUERY via Outages
><outages@outages.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> In France it's down too
>>
>>
>> -------- Message original --------
>> De : Sergio Castell via Outages <outages@outages.org>
>> Date : Aujourd'hui, 21:08
>> À : outages@outages.org
>> Objet : [outages] Twitter down
>> Right after the Reddit outage seemed to be over here, I'm seeing
>Twitter is also having problems, experiencing them in West Europe right
>now. Could it be a targeted attack to these companies?
>> _______________________________________________
>> Outages mailing list
>> Outages@outages.org
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
>> _______________________________________________
>> Outages mailing list
>> Outages@outages.org
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Outages mailing list
>> Outages@outages.org
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages
>_______________________________________________
>Outages mailing list
>Outages@outages.org
>https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/outages

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.