Mailing List Archive

Fwd: Major outage in Montreal, Canada
Name: not available
Fwd: Major outage in Montreal, Canada [ In reply to ]
Weird, right at that same time we lost access to AIM for 5 minutes.
Odd tho since we are in las vegas and I don't think those packets would
go through Montreal.. I'll have to do a traceroute after it comes back
up to see where those aim packets do go.

Fwd: Major outage in Montreal, Canada [ In reply to ]

Fergie wrote:
> FYI.
>
> - ferg
>
> [snip]
- -----------------------
I did notice some irregularities this AM when cogent's status page said
all is well but in fact http://internethealthreport.com/ was showing
cogent yellow/red pretty much across the board.

<head scratching>

regards,
/virendra

> Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 03:19:54 +0100
> From: Vassili Tchersky <vt at phear.org>
> To: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: Major outage in Montreal, Canada
>

> Hi,
>
> For thoses that are affected by the fiber outage that currently takes
> place in Montreal, I've got some clues.
>
> It could take some time to repair, as they are currently trying
> to localise the failure location. The SRDP (http://www.srdptele.com/) is
> working with the CSEM (http://www.csem.qc.ca) to fix this.
>
> UPDATE: they now know where the fibers were cut, and the SRDP is expecting
> the
> links to be up in 60-120 minutes.
>
> The outage almost isolate the datacentre Canix II from the Internet
> since today, 5:35PM, and Cogent (http://status.cogentco.com) was affected
> also. Maybe others.

- --
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson